X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread mades me sad

Comment

Johnson hitting infront of Hanley would be nice. Then again he would be clogging the bases.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
        Johnson hitting infront of Hanley would be nice. Then again he would be clogging the bases.
        Johnson would prob hit 5th

Comment

UPDATED -- Marlins waiting for answer from Nats — 12:30 a.m.
          The Marlins are waiting to hear if the Nationals will accept their offer for first baseman Nick Johnson, according to major-league sources.

The proposed deal would send Class AAA right-hander Ryan Tucker to Washington, with the Nationals paying part of the approximately $1.8 million remaining on Johnson's contract.

Jorge Cantu would move from first to third base for the Marlins. Third baseman Emilio Bonifacio would take over the injured Alfredo Amezaga's super-utility role.

The Marlins earlier made runs at Padres closer Heath Bell and even first baseman Adrian Gonzalez and Blue Jays ace right-hander Roy Halladay.

In each case, however, club officials considered the acquisition cost to be too steep, sources said.
          I liked Tucker.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

beh. although it's nice to see them considering replacing bonifacio.

Comment

Could we get Nick Johnson and Heath Bell?

Comment

not likely, considering we won't send the Padres Miller or West in exchange

Comment

I gotta assume that Fredi will keep Emilio in the lineup. If he hasn't benched him by now, you gotta figure that he's not gonna.
                  This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                  Edmonton Ice Bats
                  2007 Teal League Wildcard
                  2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                  2010 Teal League Wildcard
                  2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Heath Bell Rumors: Friday
                    By Tim Dierkes [July 31, 2009 at 7:02am CST]

The latest on Padres closer Heath Bell, who is under team control through 2011...

Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune says that "late Thursday night, both the Angels and Marlins were still talking to the Padres regarding Bell." We learned yesterday that the Padres requested Andrew Miller or Sean West from the Marlins, and Florida declined.
                    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/0...rs-friday.html

Still talking to them, so maybe we still have a shot.

I'd be very happy with Johnson and Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                      Could we get Nick Johnson and Heath Bell?
                      Gammons just said on Sportscenter it is possible to see the Marlins end up with Bell and Johnson by the 4pm deadline.

Comment

That would be a good day, and not in the "I'm Ice Cube, and today I didn't even have to use my AK" kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                          That would be a good day, and not in the "I'm Ice Cube, and today I didn't even have to use my AK" kind of way.
                          You know what would make a great day...we get Pavano as well and move Hermida to Cinny for Rhodes/Gomes.

/pipedream

Comment

I'm pretty sure Hermida will be moved today

Comment

The Marlins are focusing on Nationals first baseman Nick Johnson now, as they've deemed the price too high on the Padres star closer Heath Bell. The Marlins have not been ready to give up either Andrew Miller or Sean West for Bell.

It's interesting that the Marlins, winners of seven of nine, are seriously considering a rental player. Johnson's contract expires at year's end.

The Marlins also have discussed options for a fifth starter, but they seem pretty happy with Rick VandenHurk right now, so that doesn't seem like a priority.
                              http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/ml...price-too-high
                              --------------------
                              the #marlins are seriously considering 1B rental nick johnson. good for them. i love the way they do business.
                              from Jon Heyman's Twitter
                              Last edited by wanks1212; 07-31-2009, 10:05 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Nick Johnson is a 31 year old, 1 year rental who wont push us to the playoffs. And why is everyone here so enamored with getting a closer?? A team shouldnt ever trade prospects for a closer no matter how good they are.
                                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                                X