Marlins Talking Heath Bell and Adrian Gonzalez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    Yeah i find it hard to believe Petersen/Cousins is anything close to Westmoreland seeing as how the Red Sox considered him untouchable in the Halladay deal.
    They aren't but Stanton is better than Anderson. So they be willing to take a little less in the OF spot. Petersen and Cousins are not bad cheap options and not 10 million like Brian Giles is lol

Comment

• Macs let you do it

I'm also not convinced Masterson is better than Miller. Miller isn't quite ready yet for the bigs, but he's shown flashes and (more importantly) he's a starting pitcher. 180 IP > 50 IP
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

• It does look like Boston should be out of this seeing as how other areas are reporting that they are getting Victor Martinez but don't what they gave u for him. With that being said, It's not like the Padres have to trade him or Bell away.

Comment

• Masterson could be a starter, he has 15 big league starts, 6 this year. He's best suited for the pen now but I don't think a return to the rotation is out of the question. And he's shown "flashes" too, and the ability to get it done at the big league level pretty consistently. If I had to choose one or the other for my team, I'm going with the guy who's already proved he can do it now and in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
            Macs let you do it

I'm also not convinced Masterson is better than Miller. Miller isn't quite ready yet for the bigs, but he's shown flashes and (more importantly) he's a starting pitcher. 180 IP > 50 IP
            Macs > Windoze

Comment

• 1:18pm: Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times says the Angels and Dodgers are battling for Bell.
              MLBTRADERUMORS.com

Might be out of it.
              "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• 1:18pm: Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times says the Angels and Dodgers are battling for Bell.
                MLBtraderumors.

Comment

• Angels were on Bell last night but San Diego asked for Brandon Wood

Comment

• Originally posted by McLevin View Post
                    HOW'D YOU DO THAT
                    Assuming you don't know the Alt+Num Pad shortcut for the desired symbol, they're all listed in Character Map (usually under programs -> accessories -> system tools in most Windows iterations).

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...nts/index.html
                    Sanchez life

Comment

• I don't know anything about computers I don't even know how I got to this site

Thank you DGRiot

Comment

• 12:55pm: USA Today's Bob Nightengale via Twitter: the Red Sox are about to acquire first baseman/catcher Victor Martinez from the Indians. Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse, trying to confirm, says it "looks good." FOX Sports agrees, and notes a lack of a third team involved. They also believe this kills the Adrian Gonzalez talks.
                        1:27pm: FOX now says Clay Buchholz and Daniel Bard are not in this deal.
                        1:35pm: MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo says pitchers Nick Hagadone and Justin Masterson are in the deal.
                        MLBTRADERUMORS.com

Hmmm, think they are guna try another trade with those two? A-Gon?
                        Last edited by Virtuoso; 07-31-2009, 01:38 PM.
                        "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• Dodgers making a run at Gonzalez per MLB network.

Comment

• I'd guess James Loney would go to SDG?

weird

Comment

• Yeah...Loney has been pretty disappointing and Harold Reynolds says Gonzalez isn't that much of an upgrade over Loney .

Comment

• Buster Olney just said on ESPN that the Marlins still want Bell.

Comment

Working...
                                X