X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
    You're right

if you're overpaying at $15.5 million, you're also overpaying at $13 million. The difference there is not very big. I just don't see the point in trying to play with the big boys here.
    After reseaching a little bit, the redsox offered 15mil/3yr compare to the marlins 13mil/5, so the difference is big. Holy shit, in that context, the marlins offer is an insult. I take back my previous posts
    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
    Tom Koehler(4-0)
    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Thats just how Cuban players and the agents are,they take the deal with the most money and thats the end of it. Don't care where they play or when they play.They want to be paid

U think the Cuban pitcher that just signed knows where Kansas City is or even if they are good? NO He wanted to be paid which he was.

Its just a good laugh when a team makes a 13 million dollar deal when a 15.5 million deal is on the table and has been reported by everyone for weeks now. It is just ploy for them to say we tried our best to get him however this is our budget and we can not compete with the powers of NY and Boston. Have Loria use some of that revenue sharing or new stadium money and bump the offer up to a REAL OFFER

Comment

I think the fanbase as a whole is not knowledgeable enough to even know who this guy is or anything about us making him an offer, so if this is all just a ploy to show they did their darnedest but never had any intention of signing the guy, they are dumber than you all think.

Also:

u should use the MONEY going into the carnival homerun celebration and then u can make real offer

Comment

U already MENTION that?

Comment

Mass. state income tax is 5.3% on every dollar earned, so after tax, $15.5 million is $14,678,500
            ZOMG a baseball reason to support low taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
              I think the fanbase as a whole is not knowledgeable enough to even know who this guy is or anything about us making him an offer, so if this is all just a ploy to show they did their darnedest but never had any intention of signing the guy, they are dumber than you all think.

Also:

u should use the MONEY going into the carnival homerun celebration and then u can make real offer

Actually you are wrong about this, I've mentioned this story to a number of friends and family and they have heard of Chapman. And they are by no means soflamarlins.com type of fans.
              --------------------
              By the way this news has reached ESPN's bottom line
              Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-21-2009, 12:43 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

They just talked about this on the MLB network. They mentioned that Chapman would be best served by spending a full year in AA and then a half season in AAA because his mechanics are really raw. They also said that him coming here might not be a good thing because of the pressure of the large Cuban population.

Comment

pressure of your nation > pressure of THE nation

edit: meaning pressure of your nation is preferable to pressure from the Red Sox Nation
                  Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-22-2009, 01:20 AM.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                    They just talked about this on the MLB network. They mentioned that Chapman would be best served by spending a full year in AA and then a half season in AAA because his mechanics are really raw. They also said that him coming here might not be a good thing because of the pressure of the large Cuban population.
                    Because pitching in New York or Boston wouldn't have pressure
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

My opinion on Marlins 13.5m reported offer for Chapman:Words "took less money" and Chapman aren't likely to be used together.
                      http://twitter.com/jorgearangure/status/6932690297

Comment

You guys get your panties wet over everything these days.

I have no problem with the Marlins offering something slightly lower. This isn't a ploy to show fans they are doing something. They've never operated like that. There is no conspiracy theory here. You guys read into things way to much.

They like the dude for the price, and are hoping maybe he'll stay "home" versus going to the big market. Yea, I agree with basically everyone the dude probably just wants to get paid and doesn't care where. But if you like the pitcher as an organization, why not even try the sales pitch? You never know.

Comment

I don't get why everyone is complaining about it. Sure it isn't likely that he will sign but he is a player the front office likes and they offered him the contract they deemed worthy. If he accepts it good, if not no harm in trying.

Comment

Because we have all been duped

Comment

No one has been duped. It's a team making an offer. Most of the fans know they arent going to get him but what's wrong with trying.

Comment

They spent money to trick us so they wouldn't have to spend money on the team and thought they could run up goodwill in the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X