No announcement yet.

7/18 - 7/24 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brother of Victor Victor Mesa actually doesn't look terrible in the GCL. 17 years old so got a lot of time to watch the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      just looking at our prospects stats, its pretty remarkable that we have 3 different SP prospects who in the minors have ERA's below 2.5, WHIPS below 1.1, and 100+ K's and 31 or fewer walks. Thats Cabrera, Gallen's minor league stats, and Rogers. And that doesnt include Garrett with a 2.95 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 98/32 K/BB ratio. And then you have the best prospect out of all of them in Sixto Sanchez not even being included in that list. This rotation is going to be really fucking good in a year or 2.
      Best part is they ALL are the right age or young for the league too. Not 25 in A Ball or anything

Comment

why did they feel the need to protect holloway on the 40 man? Was any team willing to keep him on their major league roster the entire year? He is unpitchable in Jupiter.

Comment

why did they feel the need to protect holloway on the 40 man? Was any team willing to keep him on their major league roster the entire year? He is unpitchable in Jupiter.
          You can't teach a fastball. They have clear room on the 40 man so it's not a big deal. They haven't lost anyone who matters. The crunch is in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
            You can't teach a fastball. They have clear room on the 40 man so it's not a big deal. They haven't lost anyone who matters. The crunch is in 2021.
            true, i guess it doesnt really matter cause they have room this year, just seemed like there was no chance a team was going to be putting him on their roster the entire year coming off TJ surgery and having never pitched above the Sally league. He's been horrendous his last 10 starts. Only 40 innings, 40 k's and 39! walks and 36 ER's. That is.... not ideal.

Comment

true, i guess it doesnt really matter cause they have room this year, just seemed like there was no chance a team was going to be putting him on their roster the entire year coming off TJ surgery and having never pitched above the Sally league. He's been horrendous his last 10 starts. Only 40 innings, 40 k's and 39! walks and 36 ER's. That is.... not ideal.
              I think a shitty team may have done something like that for the upside, i.e. the Marlins did this with Elisier and Graves, and it looks like they may have made a real smart decision with Elisier once he settles into the pen.

They've done stuff like this before. They protected Arquimedes Caminero in low-A. He didn't really work out, but he did make it to the bigs for 2 full seasons and teams will gamble on upside arms.

I think Holloway is just getting innings and the full RP conversion is coming. I would hope that focusing on throwing less innings will improve the control but who knows.

Comment

Throws 98,is older(23),was coming off TJ which means teams could have stuck him on 60 Day and some teams saw him as a RP which means 100% he would have been taken. U protect guys in Rule 5 if u have spots

Comment

E Cabrera looks to outdo his roommate (Sanchez). Hitless through two for JAX.

Comment

might be too early to make this comparison but JD Orr reminds me of an old prospect we used to have named Brent Keys. I believe he won either the FSL or Southern league batting title then flamed out. JD Orr needs to hit for some power before he is treated as a legit prospect moving forward.

Comment

• i see that we are in the portion of the season where it is more surprising when the jupiter team isnt rained out.

Comment

Working...
                      X