No announcement yet.

CSBC Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time will you be simming tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
      I'm desperately trying to buy a 1st rounder before the guy I like is gone. Just about my entire rotation is in play for that 1st.
      SO should have said something before the day of the draft.. during the draft.

Also re: the draft, I had no idea the 2nd round would be today, sent a list for round 1 but I was at work during. Not that I really give a crap because there was barely enough talent to legitimately hold one round. Two is pushing it if that's what the draft class is gonna be like, imo. But in the future, if the draft classes improve, it would be cool if the whole thing weren't so rushed.
      *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

• Originally posted by Moss View Post

Also re: the draft, I had no idea the 2nd round would be today, sent a list for round 1 but I was at work during. Not that I really give a crap because there was barely enough talent to legitimately hold one round. Two is pushing it if that's what the draft class is gonna be like, imo. But in the future, if the draft classes improve, it would be cool if the whole thing weren't so rushed.
        This, realistically, should be how most drafts are, it really provides a contrast between the good and bad teams, the best teams shouldn't be receiving 5 star picks like the worst, it defeats the purpose of rebuilding.
        CSBC Commish

Comment

I'm just doing as I'm told.

Comment

• Re: CSBC Chat

I wasn't trying to imply that every team should get a 5 star prospect, but i think that 3.5 or 3 stars should at least hold out til the end of the 1st round, which didn't really happen here.
            *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

I wasn't trying to imply that every team should get a 5 star prospect, but i think that 3.5 or 3 stars should at least hold out til the end of the 1st round, which didn't really happen here.
              I got a three star guy in the second round so....?

Comment

I think three things have to be considered with this draft:

We're a very young league where players from the minor league phase of the inaugural draft have yet to hit the majors.

We're coming off an imbalanced first year amateur player draft that gave some teams legitimate building pieces when they probably did not need them.

The star rating system is flawed.

There was a tremendous amount of top-end talent in this draft, the teams that needed help got it, and that's good for competitive balance. There were quality players to be had even after the user rounds (I didn't have a single user pick but I still came away believing I got at least 2 future ML players from this draft). The most important thing is that every draft needn't produce an all-star for every team to be worthwhile, and that we now have to make it less likely that dynasties develop through loaded draft classes.

Comment

• Swift really hit the nail on the head here... heck a 5 star closer prospect was the last pick of the first round, 5 star MR before him and a 3 star, 25+ HR potential catcher before him even.

Also, but having a more shallow draft, it forces owners to be a tad bit more savvy, particularly the ones with lower draft picks, in managing those picks.
                  CSBC Commish

Comment

• Any idea what time the sim is going up tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
                      Any idea what time the sim is going up tonight?
                      I guess now, I'll post when it's up
                      CSBC Commish

Comment

• Is there anyway to make sure that my export went through this time? I just spent loads of time fixing my team and would prefer not to have to do it again.

Comment

• I received it.

Comment

• Is this the allstar sim?
                            You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• Are we simming today?

Comment

• Yeah, sure I'll do it right now (PWG's day, but I'll take over)

Comment

Working...
                                X