No announcement yet.

CSBC Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the original file loads but when I try to update it, I am told that there is no updated file on the server.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
      the original file loads but when I try to update it, I am told that there is no updated file on the server.
      What date does it reflect? Pre-inaugural draft? Because I haven't updated the league file since pre-World Series
      CSBC Commish

Comment

• Are you missing info on the front page? If so, my guess is that it isn't reflecting the manual award winners.
        This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
        Edmonton Ice Bats
        2007 Teal League Wildcard
        2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
        2010 Teal League Wildcard
        2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
          Are you missing info on the front page? If so, my guess is that it isn't reflecting the manual award winners.
          Haven't even uploaded that
          CSBC Commish

Comment

• The one that I loaded is pre-inaugural draft. I've had problems in the past and have reloaded the same file and was able to update without problem. For some reason this time it isn't letting me.

Comment

• Alright, well, lemme update reflect the award winners and see what happens.
              --------------------
              Alright, latest file's up, check and if that doesn't work, I'll get around to uploading the file I physically have
              Last edited by PitchingWinsGames; 05-06-2010, 03:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              CSBC Commish

Comment

• That seemed to do the trick. Thanks PWG

Comment

• Should we do a roll call again? Make sure we got everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
                    That seemed to do the trick. Thanks PWG
                    Im a commish of the people

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                    Should we do a roll call again? Make sure we got everyone?
                    Well, as it stands, here's what we DON'T have:

Arlington - going to be contracted
                    Vancouver - going to be contracted
                    Portland - Festa's too busy
                    Miami - Active, but I think Ralph may be catatonic after Hanley got negged in the first week

Im trying to work out plans on a contraction draft, but Im pretty sure it's best run after FA anyways.

Anyways, as it stands, here's the docket:

Arbitration, make sure to start sending in offers now, actually and we'll resume normal sim schedule (Tue/Thur/Sat/Sun) and I'll sim your offers and give one more shot at the offers and then conclude Arby.

Free Agency - we're going to tweak the process this year to be more fair, but that's still TBD

Contraction Draft - gonna knock that out and then regular season, based on record, teams get their picks

Then Spring Training
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

• How do I send in Arbitration offers?
                      poop

Comment

• you just make contract offers, you don't make "arbitration offers" so if you'd rather sign a guy then send him to have CPU arby him, do that... otherwise, be like me and do nothing
                        CSBC Commish

Comment

• Couple questions: If we release a player, does their salary still count against our salary cap or does that free up cap space? Also, how does arbitration work? Do we have to offer our players extensions or does the arbitration do that? If arbitration does it and the player is awarded more than the salary cap, what happens then?

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                            Couple questions: If we release a player, does their salary still count against our salary cap or does that free up cap space? Also, how does arbitration work? Do we have to offer our players extensions or does the arbitration do that? If arbitration does it and the player is awarded more than the salary cap, what happens then?
                            If you release a player, the sum total of their remaining contract is held against your cap. So, let's say you were at 50M on the season, and the cap's at 75M... and you want to release RF John Doe but he has 2 years and 20M left on his contract, your cap hit on the season will go up to 70M, meaning you only have 5M left to spend. Now, if the guy is under 6 years of service time, we don't know what he'll be making in future years, so you can release him and take the one year/current salary hit. However, either way, you should report your release in your team's transaction forum here on the boards so I can reflect it in the payrolls.

Arbitration is handled by computer. You don't submit any numbers, however, the player is generally given a good bit less than they would get on the open market. Remember though, arbitration is only one year, if you don't want to offer the guy arbitration, you can just release him. As for going over the cap, teams don't technically have to get back down under the cap until Spring Training anyways, so you can move a player or players by that point to get back under.
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

• But that doesnt matter for free agents, right?

Comment

• Ok so, I put everything where it should be and everyone where they should be. That being said, I'm human and was bound to make a mistake, so just PM me if something egregious is off.

I simmed us to January first and those of you that put FA offers in prior to this sim, I made those guys FAs again. This gives us in-game January-March for FA offers to be made.

You should also notice Arlington and Vancouver are now deleted, as are their minor league systems. I had the game auto a new schedule for all the leagues, but I'm not 100% sure if it'll work. That being said, I had Moss make a backup of the league file just in case.

Anyways, next sim Thursday.
                                CSBC Commish

Comment

Working...
                                X