No announcement yet.

Miguel Cabrera Wins AL MVP Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The douche from the Akron Beacon-Journal had Trout 3rd. That's my favorite.

Comment

Detroit Free Press guy had Ibanez 10th and didn't list Cano.
      poop

Comment

Wish we had a third baseman like him

/IHadTo

Comment

I don't really see where that comes from.

I think it's an impressive achievement that doesn't say a whole lot about player value.

If Cabrera had finished with like 3 fewer hits over the course of the season and didn't win the Triple Crown, would he have been significantly less valuable?
          poop

Comment

I'll repost what I wrote on my facebook

Trout had one of the best seasons of ALL TIME. Cabrera happened to amass statistics in 3 categories that were better than everyone else. So let me ask you - if Hamilton doesn't shit the bed and has another 3 home runs, does Cabrera win the MVP? If Cabrera doesn't have Austin Jackson getting on base in front of him and finishes with 120 RBI, does Cabrera win the MVP?

And then I ask you - who was more VALUABLE to his team? Do the Tigers make the playoffs without Cabrera? Absolutely not, but they also don't make the playoffs without Prince Fielder, or without the White Sox imploding. How do the Angels look without Trout? They'd barely have been a .500 team - IF that - without him, and yet they were competitive all year. The kid was the best defender on any field he was on, stole almost 50 bases (and only got caught 5 times!), tied for the team lead in home runs with ALBERT PUJOLS, got on base 40% of the time, and on and on. It was one of the best seasons in baseball history and for it to not be rewarded with an MVP award is an absolute disgrace.
            --------------------
            and also Ted Williams won the Triple Crown twice and didn't win the MVP in those seasons
            Last edited by emkayseven; 11-16-2012, 08:14 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Jeff Passan stole your thunder

Comment

I think the weirdest argument I've heard in Cabrera's favor is that he moved to third base for the good of the team and was therefore valuable.

I find that to be incredible odd.
                poop

Comment

We should talk more about Buster Posey

Comment

Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                    I guess I'm the only one that feels the triple crown is a big deal?
                    It is its own achievement. The MVP should take into account more than just those simple counting statistics and, by that measure, Trout had the better season.

Comment

IF

Mibs got lambasted for all those ifs on Volstad.
                      Mibs's "ifs" were more along the lines of "If Volstad hadnt had to run the bases he wouldnt have given up that 6 run inning"
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

IF

Mibs got lambasted for all those ifs on Volstad.
                        Yeah.

I completely understand the whole "Triple Crown shouldn't guarantee an MVP" argument, but when you start taking away hits from one guy and adding home runs for another, that's when it starts to get silly.

Comment

Trout's #s themselves stand on their own merit without taking anything away from Cabrera.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

That's fine. I just don't like all of the "if" statements.

Comment

Can someone post a nice head to head table of Trout vs Cabrera offensive stats?

Comment

Well, there is a huge difference in their defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X