X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21/39=54%

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      1) I think the Braves probably overpaid Upton a little bit, but in context it's a fine deal. He's incredibly young and in a market where a guy who uses his legs and almost no other skill and is several years older will likely get a similar deal, and a guy who plays like 100 games a year is going to get twice that, I don't think it's a bad deal. I do think it'll be interesting because hitting-wise, Upton and Uggla are very similar (obviously Upton has more speed), both streaky guys who have power and K a lot. That lineup could be cold for weeks.
      Eh, Upton isn't incredibly young. He's 28. Also, as far as the Upton/Uggla comparison goes, at least Uggla walks to offset his strikeouts and shitty batting average. Upton just doesn't get on base period. I just don't like the deal for Atlanta.

Comment

• yea, that's what I was thinking too (about Martin)

the % that Beef posted

Comment

• As far as Wright's contract goes, I think that is quite a bit of money for a guy who really isn't a franchise player. His great year in the field last year (which was the biggest reason for his 7.8 WAR, because he wasn't otherworldly offensively) was likely a fluke. In the three years prior to that, he posted UZRs of -10, -10.6, and -10.5. Then, he suddenly puts up a UZR of 15.4 in 2012? Something tells me he'll regress big time in 2013.

For a guy who really doesn't have much power (he's only averaged 18.5 HRs the past four seasons) and who has historically been a poor fielder, $140 million seems like a lot.

That being said, like Swift said, I'm sure he would have gotten a similar contract on the open market, so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Comment

• And 13/21 is 61.9%. For a guy who never hit 15 HR's or more in consecutive seasons, who was coming off a two year combined total of 12 HR's before arriving in the Bronx and who suddenly found a power stroke at 29...I don't get the notion that he's somehow a significant loss.

Cervelli is decent defensively and has hit lefties pretty well in his career (.317/.414/.393). I don't see the "Napoli necessity".

Comment

• I do think Napoli may be a bit more of a need for the Yanks than a guy like him normally would because their offense just isn't what it used to be, though. In years past, they've had enough firepower where they could have afforded to have a shitty hitter behind the plate. I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                I do think Napoli may be a bit more of a need for the Yanks than a guy like him normally would because their offense just isn't what it used to be, though.
                I can get behind the Yankee offense will be worse in 2013 bandwagon, but I think that has a lot more to do with Swisher and his career .361 OBP leaving.

Swisher's a reeeeeeally good player, and it's crazy that he's going to be allowed to leave because of (a) bad post-seasons and (b) a suddenly budget conscious front office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                  I can get behind the Yankee offense will be worse in 2013 bandwagon, but I think that has a lot more to do with Swisher and his career .361 OBP leaving.

Swisher's a reeeeeeally good player, and it's crazy that he's going to be allowed to leave because of (a) bad post-seasons and (b) a suddenly budget conscious front office.
                  Yeah and it doesn't seem like the Yankees are too anxious to replace his production out there, either. That's why I think signing Napoli might be a bit more of a necessity than it usually would.

Comment

• Braves traded Tommy Hanson for Jordan Walden.

What?
                    --------------------
                    Really don't understand that one.
                    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-30-2012, 12:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    poop

Comment

• yowza

Comment

• I get that they have a bunch of young starters, but that seems like horrible return for Hanson.
                        poop

Comment

• Completely understand why they would trade him but yea thats not a good return and I like Walden quite a bit.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• wtf

that's awful
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Brian Wilson was non-tendered. How soon till people start asking on twitter if we're going to sign him?

Also Mark Reynolds was non-tendered. I'd like to sign him.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Well, we might sign Brian Wilson to perform at Super Saturday.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                                X