• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No

Too late

You are a dumb asshole

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
      I said I was wrong. I was wrong for reasons unforseen heading into the offseason, but wrong nonetheless. Let it go.
      Apparently, you were the only one who didn't forsee it.

Comment

• Unforeseen that the White Sox would only offer him arbitration and that the Cardinals would ignore him. I shouldnt have said 0%, no. But him ending up with the Marlins was highly unlikely.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• There was no way you coulda known Chicago wouldn't make a good offer (despite this being basically known before the season ended).

And there was no way you coulda known a team with 5 starters under contract for next season already would pass on spending $14 million on another one.

Comment

• I know how Buehrle thinks because I helped him out of a hole.

/Todd

Comment

• Cardinals letting Edwin Jackson go because they don't need him, but would be interested in Buehrle.

Have Chris Carpenter, Adam Wainwright, Jaime Garcia, Kyle Lohse and Jake Westbrook all signed for 2012 and $50 million tied up in starting pitching.

HOW COULD WE POSSIBLY HAVE KNOWN THEY WOULDN'T GO AFTER HIM!
              Last edited by HUGG; 12-11-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Unforeseen that the White Sox would only offer him arbitration and that the Cardinals would ignore him. I shouldnt have said 0%, no. But him ending up with the Marlins was highly unlikely.
                The Marlins were rumored all offseason.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                There was no way you coulda known Chicago wouldn't make a good offer (despite this being basically known before the season ended).

And there was no way you coulda known a team with 5 starters under contract for next season already would pass on spending $14 million on another one.
                Yeah, tough to predict.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                Cardinals letting Edwin Jackson go because they don't need him, but would be interested in Buehrle.

Have Chris Carpenter, Adam Wainwright, Jaime Garcia, Kyle Lohse and Jake Westbrook all signed for 2012 and $50 million tied up in starting pitching.

HOW COULD WE POSSIBLY HAVE KNOWN THEY WOULDN'T GO AFTER HIM!
                WOW
                Last edited by Erick; 12-11-2011, 12:15 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    "you people" huh?

he's talking to all you hispanics on the board
                    See, I thought he was talking about us Jews, especially since we're reeling from Ryan Braun right now.

Comment

Why wouldnt I be serious? You are all calling me dumb but you are all acting like he was hellbent on signing with the Marlins, almost like you are insulted that I am saying he would have stayed in the midwest if they had made any effort whatsoever. Get over your fucking selves.

Own what you said and quit being a goober

Comment

• Not to bring this back from the dead, but ESPN the magazine has a piece on the Angels' winter and how they did what they did (from a recruiting process perspective) and it corroborates Nightengale's report that the Marlins had the highest offer on the table for Pujols (and Wilson, but that was confirmed by CJ himself).

Comment

• Can you post it in the insider area?
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

Working...
                          X