2010 ALCS: Texas Rangers Win American League Pennant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DColtsfan1819 View Post
    We're done but I shouldn't complain. We won the world series 27 times and made it to the ALCS a whole lot too.
    Wow, a Yankees fan who gets it.
    *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

• Originally posted by Festa View Post
      Greg Amsinger was sideways cap douche at one point.
      he still is

Comment

• Originally posted by Moss View Post
        Wow, a Yankees fan who gets it.
        Bleh, I'd still be pissed as hell if this is how the Marlins showed up in the NLCS, especially with this kind of payroll. I think he has every right to be upset.

Comment

• Amsinger is the worst

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            Bleh, I'd still be pissed as hell if this is how the Marlins showed up in the NLCS, especially with this kind of payroll. I think he has every right to be upset.
            Then I guess we can agree to disagree. The Red Sox were average this year, but am I upset? Besides being pissed that they were dumbtarded enough to extend Beckett for another four years, no, not really. They just got outplayed. Having a large payroll shouldn't factor into your expectations for a team. As we've seen (Mets), it can really backfire pretty badly. To be honest, if I were a Yankees fan and I didn't see this coming, I'd be more pissed at myself for believing my team's starting rotation was anything better than what we've seen in the last 4 games.

Besides, the Yankees spoil their fans like no other. Oh no, the Yankees didn't win their 28th world series! Call up a Cubs fan (or Pirates or Royals or Reds or Rangers, I could go on), cry him a river, see how it goes.
            Last edited by Branch; 10-20-2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• That's hogwash.

What happens in 2009 should have no bearing on 2010. Just because it sucks being a Cubs fan, doesn't mean a Yankee fan can't be upset that their team just shat the bed in the ALCS.

Besides, the Red Sox were marred by injuries this season. It's tough to be upset with them considering how many games they still won with Pedroia, Youk, etc all sitting out.

And yea, money shouldn't have an effect on your expectations, but if you're team wins 90+ games and disappears in the playoffs, you have every right to be upset.

Maybe I'm wrong though

Comment

• No, you're right.

Comment

• I don't know who is worse: Sager or Johnson.

Comment

• nice defense assholes

Comment

• looked like the Marlins out there

Comment

• This stinks for CJ. They just have his digit today.
                        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• WHOA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            What happens in 2009 should have no bearing on 2010. Just because it sucks being a Cubs fan, doesn't mean a Yankee fan can't be upset that their team just shat the bed in the ALCS.
                            Maybe '09 shouldn't have a bearing on '10, but that doesn't change the fact that the past does have a bearing on the present. The Yankees haven't had a losing season in 18 years - Literally have been above .500 every year since 1992. Do you realize how few franchises experience sustained success like that? Yankee fans have colossal expectations and under-appreciate the fact that EVERY year, their team is in contention for the World Series. Since Steinbrenner bought the team, the Yankees have had less than 10 losing seasons in about 40 seasons of baseball.

So yeah, I don't think a Yankee fan has as much right as a fan of a team like the Cubs to be upset that his team flamed out in the playoffs this year. He should know that, barring a massive number of freak injuries to all the star players, his team will be right back here in the same competitive position next year. It's like the land of eternal sunshine or something.

Comment

• Treanor's gonna GIDP

book it
                              --------------------
                              He shoulda been rung up looking twice already
                              Last edited by HUGG; 10-20-2010, 05:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                Treanor's gonna GIDP

book it
                                --------------------
                                He shoulda been rung up looking twice already
                                LIKE A BOSS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X