2010 ALCS: Texas Rangers Win American League Pennant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moss View Post
    Maybe '09 shouldn't have a bearing on '10, but that doesn't change the fact that the past does have a bearing on the present. The Yankees haven't had a losing season in 18 years - Literally have been above .500 every year since 1992. Do you realize how few franchises experience sustained success like that? Yankee fans have colossal expectations and under-appreciate the fact that EVERY year, their team is in contention for the World Series. Since Steinbrenner bought the team, the Yankees have had less than 10 losing seasons in about 40 seasons of baseball.

So yeah, I don't think a Yankee fan has as much right as a fan of a team like the Cubs to be upset that his team flamed out in the playoffs this year. He should know that, barring a massive number of freak injuries to all the star players, his team will be right back here in the same competitive position next year. It's like the land of eternal sunshine or something.
    So, I assume during Super Bowl XLII, after your undefeated Patriots lost to the Giants, you just said, "Hey, at least we made it to the Super Bowl" and weren't pissed at all that your offensive line decided to start their offseason early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      HE GOES TO PENN STATE

least surprising news ever
      woulda been less surprised if you said Indiana lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
        So, I assume during Super Bowl XLII, after your undefeated Patriots lost to the Giants, you just said, "Hey, at least we made it to the Super Bowl" and weren't pissed at all that your offensive line decided to start their offseason early.
        Yeah, because the Patriots have won 25% of every SB ever played and have appeared in over 50% of the NFL's playoffs all-time. It's really not the same with any other team in sports. The only ones that come close are the Celtics and Lakers. And, before you ask, no, I was not pissed when the Celtics lost game 7 to the Lakers. I was actually quite proud of how they performed.

Besides, the main reason I was so monumentally upset during SB 42 was the fucking epic hangover I had. It put me in an absolutely foul mood before the game even started.

Another thing, I distinctly remember in the aftermath of 42 that there were people on this forum telling me to calm down and be happy with the fact that my team made it to the Super Bowl. So yeah, it's not like this concept originated with me.
        Last edited by Branch; 10-21-2010, 12:52 AM.
        *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

• Maybe we just see things differently. I consider "what have you done for me lately" to be a perfectly acceptable mentality for any sports fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            woulda been less surprised if you said Indiana lol
            That new TBS show with the 80's frat boys is Indiana. I imagined you if we Doc Brown'd you to 85.
            There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Penn State is full of douches.

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                Penn State is full of douches.
                all party schools are filled with douches

just wondering, have you ever been to happy valley?
                --------------------
                Originally posted by KJC View Post
                That new TBS show with the 80's frat boys is Indiana. I imagined you if we Doc Brown'd you to 85.
                well they say it's a university in Indiana, not Indiana University.... but yea, it's prob us
                Last edited by Ramp; 10-21-2010, 10:51 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  all party schools are filled with douches
                  all schools are filled with douches

the world is filled with douches

Comment

• all message boards are filled with douches. ^

Comment

• a message board is in the world, thus, that went without saying

Comment

• Hugg wants to start a frat.
                        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          a message board is in the world, thus, that went without saying
                          Is it?

Comment

• Yes I have been to Happy Valley Ramp.

Comment

• You haven't been in Happy Valley, you're still a fip.

/SWIDT?
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• OooOOOooO thats a fight where i come from oOOooOOoO
                                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                                X