2010 ALCS: Texas Rangers Win American League Pennant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should trade for Kirkman.
    Fun fact: I got a double off him in high school, he was a senior when i was a freshman.
    /highlight of career.

Comment

• That's a good case to not trade for him.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moss View Post
        Maybe '09 shouldn't have a bearing on '10, but that doesn't change the fact that the past does have a bearing on the present. The Yankees haven't had a losing season in 18 years - Literally have been above .500 every year since 1992. Do you realize how few franchises experience sustained success like that? Yankee fans have colossal expectations and under-appreciate the fact that EVERY year, their team is in contention for the World Series. Since Steinbrenner bought the team, the Yankees have had less than 10 losing seasons in about 40 seasons of baseball.

So yeah, I don't think a Yankee fan has as much right as a fan of a team like the Cubs to be upset that his team flamed out in the playoffs this year. He should know that, barring a massive number of freak injuries to all the star players, his team will be right back here in the same competitive position next year. It's like the land of eternal sunshine or something.
        You were not disappointed by the Red Soxes season this year, then?
        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by KJC View Post
          That's a good case to not trade for him.
          I got lucky. He good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            You were not disappointed by the Red Soxes season this year, then?
            Like I already said, no not really. It pretty much met my expectation.
            *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

• Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
              I got lucky. He good.
              You shouldn't say you got lucky, own the fact that you are better at baseball.
              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I was the best. If being the best is a defensive middle infielder, with average speed, and a .250 average with no power.

Comment

• Own it.
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Maybe '09 shouldn't have a bearing on '10, but that doesn't change the fact that the past does have a bearing on the present. The Yankees haven't had a losing season in 18 years - Literally have been above .500 every year since 1992. Do you realize how few franchises experience sustained success like that? Yankee fans have colossal expectations and under-appreciate the fact that EVERY year, their team is in contention for the World Series. Since Steinbrenner bought the team, the Yankees have had less than 10 losing seasons in about 40 seasons of baseball.

So yeah, I don't think a Yankee fan has as much right as a fan of a team like the Cubs to be upset that his team flamed out in the playoffs this year. He should know that, barring a massive number of freak injuries to all the star players, his team will be right back here in the same competitive position next year. It's like the land of eternal sunshine or something.
                    I just don't get why a Yankees fan can't go into every single season saying World Series title or Bust. When your payroll is that high and tickets cost that much, fans have every single right to be upset if they get knocked out without a title. Just because they'll probably be back next year, doesn't mean they shouldn't be pissed about this year.

Comment

• You play to win the game, you don't play to just play it.
                      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I play the game for the postgame orange slices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          I just don't get why a Yankees fan can't go into every single season saying World Series title or Bust. When your payroll is that high and tickets cost that much, fans have every single right to be upset if they get knocked out without a title. Just because they'll probably be back next year, doesn't mean they shouldn't be pissed about this year.
                          That's my entire point though - Yankees fans are of a select group of sports fans who actually CAN go into every season saying "world championship or bust." Pirates fans can't do that. Neither can Clippers fans, nor Browns fans, etc. Fans of those franchises usually have a wildcard playoff appearance to hope for at best, and a winning season is a success for them. They don't go in expecting to win it all every year. Point is, Yankees fans are incredibly privileged as far as the product that's put on the field every year for them, and when I see stuff like fans at Yankee Stadium booing the players, or Yankees fans complaining their asses off in public, it just makes me laugh because they have no idea how good they have it. The fact that they'll almost assuredly be back next year should dampen the disappointment or anger at a failure this year. In fact, failing this year should probably make Yankees fans happy, since ownership will probably sign several superstar players to the team to guarantee next year's success, as they are wont to do.

In conclusion, butthurt NY fans are sore losers to me and always will be until the MLB institutes a hard salary cap.

Comment

In conclusion, butthurt NY fans are sore losers to me and always will be until the MLB institutes a hard salary cap.
                            And your fellow Sawks fans?
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              HE GOES TO PENN STATE

least surprising news ever

Comment

• I never said they were not the very same thing. We were not talking about Sawks fans, don't change the subject on me now bob-o!

That said, the Red Sox have only become Yankee-like since Henry bought the team. Don't you remember that little "curse" thing that lasted for 86 years? It's not really the same, even though it is a little bit. Sox fans deserved a bit of spoiling though. So do Cubs, Pirates, Reds, Royals, Astros, Padres, Giants and other fans of long disparate teams.
                                Last edited by Branch; 10-21-2010, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X