No announcement yet.

2010 Dontrelle Willis Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to be opposed to it at this point.

Comment

• I would be opposed to him as anything but a loogy. Do we need two guys who have no value outside of being able to get lefties out? If so, bring him in.
      poop

Comment

• I'd rather he have one of the Sanabia/Wood roster spots. Wood is worthless and Sanabia needs AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          pretty sure he's still making $10 mil this year regardless of his roster status

Also, can't imagine that, having made $30 mil over the last 36 months, he's living paycheck to paycheck anyways.
          I'll preface this by mentioning that I never said he was living paycheck to paycheck......

When he's done in the major leagues it's extremely unlikely he will have a high paying job for the rest of his life.

He's roughly 28 years old right now. If he never makes another ML roster he'll have to go roughly 42 years with a salary that pales in comparison to what he's made the last 7 years.

Often times the more people make the more they spend.

I still maintain that Willis needs to do everything he can to stay in the bigs.

Comment

• Shoot, let's make him our lefty pinch hitter. I'd rather send him up to the plate than Mike Lamb.

Comment

• if i said that bobbob would be all up in my grill to "cut it out"

but i agree
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Well then make him our starting power hitter in the lineup and send Stanton to AAA.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5384663

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants have signed former 20-game winner Dontrelle Willis to a minor league contract.

The team announced the deal with the Bay Area native Thursday. Willis had been designated for assignment by the Arizona Diamondbacks earlier this month. In six games with Arizona, Willis was 1-1 with a 6.85 ERA and 27 walks in 22 1/3 innings.

Willis was traded from the Detroit Tigers to Arizona in June. The Tigers are still paying the bulk of his $12 million salary.

Willis won the NL Rookie of the Year in 2003, made two All-Star teams and won 22 games one season for the Florida Marlins. He helped the Marlins win the World Series in 2003. But he is 13-24 with a 5.81 ERA since the start of the 2007 season.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• That ain't gonna end well.

Comment

• Can we sign him as a lefty off the bench and 2nd loogy please....

Comment

Working...
                      X