No announcement yet.

Mega Blockbuster Near: Halladay to Phils, Lee to M's, Stuff to Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

except that Halladay (or Lee) will have been there from the start of the season now

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      except that Halladay (or Lee) will have been there from the start of the season now

yes and?
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

He was talking about for next year.

I was going to say that too BGF. It's not a division changer. They were the class of the division before, they will be with Halladay.
        poop

Comment

Fox Sports has slightly different prospects in the deal.

The sources said Phillipe Aumont — a Canadian right-hander — is among the players headed from Seattle to Toronto in the deal; the source added the Philadelphia is expected to send one of its outfield prospects, possibly Michael Taylor, to the Blue Jays.

Outfielder Michael Saunders and right-hander Brandon Morrow were also among the Seattle prospects in play.

It wasn't immediately clear how many players would be included in the deal. One person familiar with the talks said he didn't anticipate an announcement on Monday, an indication that the customary review of medical records is not yet complete.

One source cautioned that the deal is "not done yet," an indication that an alarming physical or financial concern could negate what now appears to be one of the biggest offseason trades of the decade.
          Sources: Phillies get Halladay, send Lee to Seattle

Comment

MLBTR mentioned Happ and Blanton getting physicals too. I'd love for Happ to leave too.

Comment

This doesn't make the Phillies "better" but it sure as fuck locks up the division for them now.

The more I thought about it, the more this is really just them keeping Halladay away from the Mets. As soon as Lackey signed with Boston, you could almost hear Halladay's introductory press conference with the Mets. The Yankees were only interested so long as their offer was good enough to keep Halladay out of Boston, the Angels were never really in, and the Dodgers ownership situation precluded what should have been the best fit. The Mets would have Santana'd him and really been the most legitimate threat to the Phillies in 2010; now the Phillies went from being the class of the division that will likely finish 6 games up on the 2nd place club to the class of the division that maybe finishes 7 games up on the 2nd place club, all the while ensuring that the greatest threat to their division title (a Santana/Halladay led Mets club) didn't get a chance to even get out of the gate.

Comment

Well I guess Halladay is better than Cliff Lee by some margin. At least we beat him when we played him last season.

Problem is I always liked the guy, and I gotta hate him.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

No one seems to know for sure what prospects are involved in this. Only ESPN is reporting Aumont and d'Arnaud. Now they're saying that Aumont is going to Philly while everyone still has Aumont going to Toronto. One website said that this may not be announced until Wednesday.

Comment

Where did Aumont rate in the Mariners system? Havent heard much about him since he was so balleyhooed on draft day.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

I dont know about that Swift. If the deal is Happ, Blanton and Lee all going, then what do the Phillies do for the rest of their rotation

Comment

You find a few one year deal guys. It's not as if they're tossing away irreplaceable production. I also have my doubts the deal is that heavy from the major league roster, I think it'll end up being one of Blanton or Happ, and Drabek, but not both of them and Drabek.

Here's the other thing, have you looked at this division? It's putrid. When you can make a reasonable case that you have 3 of the 5 best players in the division, and almost certainly the best pitcher (Hanley, Halladay, Johan, Utley, Howard), does it really make a difference? Maybe they don't stand up as a deep and intimidating playoff team, but they're going to just run wild over the 162 schedule with a top heavy roster like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                          Where did Aumont rate in the Mariners system? Havent heard much about him since he was so balleyhooed on draft day.
                          The Mariniers top 10 for next year won't be out until January but Aumont was ranked as the Mariniers #3 prospect last year.

Comment

I think the Phils absolutely win at this deal. Sheesh.

Comment

Jayson Stark is reporting NEITHER Happ nor Blanton are in the deal.

Comment

holy crap, the Halladay thread on the Phillies board is 697 pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X