Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frisaro saying D-Backs are picking up his remaining salary and Eveld is the only return.

Really? We couldn't have paid the guy to get some IFA money?

Comment

• Reminds me of the Cishek/Bearclaw deal.

Traded guy with weird throwing for AA closer who was not on Top 30 lists

- - - - - - - - - -

Looks like JT is here till at least the Winter Meetings. Rejected ANOTHER Washington offer

IF he extends then great
      IF he say NO then we passed on Robles+

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Reminds me of the Cishek/Bearclaw deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Looks like JT is here till at least the Winter Meetings. Rejected ANOTHER Washington offer

IF he extends then great
        Seems like the Baraclough trade is a good comparison. Kyle debuted with the Marlins at 25...which will likely be the case with Eveld. Doesn't sound like they got any IFA money in this deal, which is disappointing. Hoping more to come...

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          Fangraphs honorably mentioned him outside their top 23 as a RP prospect - "Eveld is plus fastball, plus curve, average slider." He has good A+ stats this year (old for level) FWIW. Lee Stone is gonna love this guy.

I hope they got some IFA cash too. Seems appropriate.
          Yes, I love this guy's potential based on the numbers. I question whether any pool money was included because it wasn't mentioned and Arizona is paying his $3M in remaining salary. Steckenrider and Barraclugh blossomed at the same age as Eveld.

Comment

• Another nice thing about Eveld is he was in the CAL putting up most of those numbers

No pool cash but they are still talking Maybin,Bour,DD,RP's,Straily with teams

Comment

• Frisaro saying the Athletics have been scouting DD.

Comment

• Like Eveld. Was a qb until he tore his acl and converted to baseball so arm is young.
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                  Frisaro saying the Athletics have been scouting DD.
                  A's scouting DD,Bour,Straily and RP's

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Reminds me of the Cishek/Bearclaw deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

IF he extends then great
                    I defintitely don't want to pass on Robles ... and yes, very similar to Cishek trade.
                    Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-31-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      I defintitely don't want to pass on Robles ... and yes, very similar to Cishek trade.
                      I think Robles is going to be great, but he hasn't had a season where he's put up an OPS in the minor leagues as good as Realmuto's current OPS in the majors this year since Short-Season A-Ball. Great prospect, but not a surefire star.
                      Last edited by Nick; 07-31-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Needs to be a cost/benefit there with price and service time. Ziegler and Barraclough are no brainers. Conley and Steckenrider could be two of your best five relievers in the organization in 2021 and 2022 easily. Just prevent them from getting a lot of saves right away and keep those costs down.

Honestly, if they move Ziegler and Barraclough, I'd let Ruckinski (turns 30 next year), Despaigne, Guerra, or someone like that get saves and see if you can waiver trade them in August, then sign a vagabond "Ziegler" type next year to keep getting saves and keep Steckenrider and Conley's theoretical arbitration numbers down. Or make Chen the closer (totally serious) and roll out Straily, Urena, Richards, Alcantara, Pablo, or if one of those first two are moved, add Peters or a "bullpen day." Just say no to saves on pre-arbitration arms.
                        Agreed. I also favor positional platoons for the same reason: Maximize results on the field and decrease player negotiating power (fewer at bats).

Comment

• Michael J. Duarte‏Verified account @michaeljduarte · 2m2 minutes ago

#Dodgers have been interested in and linked to #Marlins reliever Kyle Barraclough for weeks. He's been at the top of this trade target list since it's creation >> http://4.nbcla.com/c9m7K81

Watch as 4Pm comes around but doubtful

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I think Robles is going to be great, but he hasn't had a season where he's put up an OPS in the minor leagues as good as Realmuto's current OPS in the majors this year since Short-Season A-Ball. Great prospect, but not a surefire star.
                            The two issues here, though, are will Realmuto sustain his production, and will he re-sign? If the answer to either of those is no, passing on Robles could be a huge mistake.

Comment

• Orioles supposedly closing in on another deal. Wouldn't be surprised if they're getting more IFA money...Marlins need to get some deals done that include IFA cash if they want to have a shot at Victor Victor.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                                Orioles supposedly closing in on another deal. Wouldn't be surprised if they're getting more IFA money...Marlins need to get some deals done that include IFA cash if they want to have a shot at Victor Victor.
                                Was a report they are announcing some signings this week so will be interesting to see how much cash they really have

- - - - - - - - - -

We are talking to NYY about Maybin,DD,Bour.

Prospects and/or IFA cash is being discussed

Comment

Working...
                                X