Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that we got anything for Ziegler after his start here is a minor miracle

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      I could argue we won none of the off-season trades except for maybe the Dee Gordon trade, just based on what we've seen this year.
      Seattle is very pleased to have Dee Gordon. The Mariners also got $1M in pool money in the deal - money the Marlins could certainly use right now.
      Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-31-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind can say that Miami won the Yelich trade, when he's having an MVP caliber year for the Brewers, and the two headliners in the return have been disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind can say that Miami won the Yelich trade, when he's having an MVP caliber year for the Brewers, and the two headliners in the return have been disappointing.
          Don't say this or someone on this board may call you a moron and say you know nothing about anything.....it's lucky your brain functions enough you can breathe.

Comment

I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind can say that Miami won the Yelich trade, when he's having an MVP caliber year for the Brewers, and the two headliners in the return have been disappointing.
            It's way too early to know about any of the trades this off-season. I will say that they did very well last year in the Phelps and Ramos trades given both relievers were expensive and got hurt.

Comment

Yelich trade remains to be seen but has been disappointing this far I’ll give
              You that, but if it turns out that we got 3 long term lineup pieces and a rotation or bullpen arm it isn’t terrible. Looking back I wish we didn’t trade him and built around him and jt and the pitching we’ve acquired but I still think it can turn out well for both teams.

Ozuna trade also remains to be seen but that to me was such an obvious sell high situation and the cardinals now would love to dump ozuna if they can get a decent return and let their young of’s play.

Stanton trade can’t be evaluated in a vacuum and needs to be understood in the context of our long term salary constraints that we would not have been able to afford had Stanton turned out to be a pujols type contract at the end of it.

Dee Gordon has always been ridiculously overrated by marlins fans in this modern age of baseball. Getting Neiderr for him is a steal

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
              It's way too early to know about any of the trades this off-season. I will say that they did very well last year in the Phelps and Ramos trades given both relievers were expensive and got hurt.
              Those trades from last year are great examples of why you should always sell high on relievers on bad teams

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                Of course it is. But claiming Miami won all of these deals despite the information (albeit limited) that we have right now, is crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                  Don't say this or someone on this board may call you a moron and say you know nothing about anything.....it's lucky your brain functions enough you can breathe.
                  If only I could have the vision and player evaluation of the guy who will end up missing this teams win projections by st least 30 games

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  Of course it is. But claiming Miami won all of these deals despite the information (albeit limited) that we have right now, is crazy.
                  That’s probably the most reasonable take, my overall point was that since loria decided to sell the team and this stopped interfering in baseball decisions this front office has been really really solid. No one will be perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                    Seattle is very pleased to have Dee Gordon. The Mariners also got $1M in pool money in the deal - money the Marlins could certainly use right now.
                    I think Neidert is about as much of a sure thing as a pitching prospect can be. 21 years old. Results at every level, already up to AA and could easily be moved up at this point. Not going to be a star most likely, but we're going to be able to slot him in as probably a 3 for years to come. Getting that for Dee Gordon and being able to shed his contract should end up being a big win.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      If only I could have the vision and player evaluation of the guy who will end up missing this teams win projections by st least 30 games
                      And you seem to be admitting in an earlier post I WAS RIGHT, Brinson is a bust, and Harrison is on his way to Bustville too....

I'd say I am winning this one at the mo.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        Yelich trade remains to be seen but has been disappointing this far I’ll give
                        You that, but if it turns out that we got 3 long term lineup pieces and a rotation or bullpen arm it isn’t terrible. Looking back I wish we didn’t trade him and built around him and jt and the pitching we’ve acquired but I still think it can turn out well for both teams.

Ozuna trade also remains to be seen but that to me was such an obvious sell high situation and the cardinals now would love to dump ozuna if they can get a decent return and let their young of’s play.

Stanton trade can’t be evaluated in a vacuum and needs to be understood in the context of our long term salary constraints that we would not have been able to afford had Stanton turned out to be a pujols type contract at the end of it.

Dee Gordon has always been ridiculously overrated by marlins fans in this modern age of baseball. Getting Neiderr for him is a steal

Again, it's too early to really judge, but I think the big folly with the Yelich deal was the need to deal him when they did. They could have played the waiting game with him like they did with Realmuto, and potentially gotten more. Or, they may have even been able to convince him to stay. The word we kept getting on his was that he was their opportunity to build the farm system, and they'd only move him for an overpay. What they got didn't seem like an overpay at the time, and looks worse right now. That could change, but currently it doesn't look good.

With Stanton, I think you could make a similar argument, and I said so at the time, but they apparently wanted to get the deal done. I think they could have called his bluff, but I guess that was never going to happen. At least the guys they got back have been promising.

I'm not sure I agree that they sold high on Ozuna. Yes, he's had a down year, but he's started to play much better lately, and it could be that he just had a slow start in a new location. Either way, I never thought they got the value he was worth even at his "height of value". Sierra looks like a 4th OF, Gallen eventually might be a back end of the rotation guy, and Alcantara has bee ok, but hardly the headliner you want for a perceived all-star.

I never had a problem with the Gordon trade. The return was fine there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                          And you seem to be admitting in an earlier post I WAS RIGHT, Brinson is a bust, and Harrison is on his way to Bustville too....

I'd say I am winning this one at the mo.....
                          You two have literally been having the dumbest conversation in the history of humankind for the past 5 months.

Comment

I think Neidert is about as much of a sure thing as a pitching prospect can be. 21 years old. Results at every level, already up to AA and could easily be moved up at this point. Not going to be a star most likely, but we're going to be able to slot him in as probably a 3 for years to come. Getting that for Dee Gordon and being able to shed his contract should end up being a big win.
                            Yea, I am with everyone, I'm not sure they have won every trade, Yelich especially, but the Seattle trades (plural) look pretty solid. Gordon isn't going to get to 2 WAR this year. I'll take Neidert over paying Dee in a heartbeat.

The best trade is probably Caleb Smith, and best signing probably independent league Richards.

Comment

You two have literally been having the dumbest conversation in the history of humankind for the past 5 months.
                              Haha...fighting about something neither person can possibly know for years is pointless.

Comment

• I'm just not sure if I would call the Caleb Smith/Garrett Cooper deal a trade or charity.

Comment

Working...
                                X