2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2025 Opening Day projection

C - Fortes, Banfield (then Ramirez - this is service time deflection for 2 weeks)
    1B - Burger, DDLS
    2B - Edwards, Otto
    SS - ______, ______/Sanoja
    3B - Pauley
    LF - Sanchez, Norby
    CF - Mesa Jr.
    RF - Stowers

SP - Sandy, Luzardo, Max, Garrett, Cabrera, Weathers
    RHP - Mazur, Bender, Brazoban, Cronin, Faucher
    LHP - Nardi, ____

Actually kind of dig it? Let's get a reliever for DLC here, preferably a lefty, and wrap it up.

Updated sooner rather than later bat 40 man ----> w/ top prospects

C - Ramirez, Mack, Banfield
    1B - Martorella, DDLS, Berry ---> Vradenburg
    2B - Serna, Edwards, Otto ---> C. Johnson, Cappe
    SS - ______, Sanoja
    3B - Pauley
    LF - Sanchez, Norby, Marsee ---> Morlando, Aldermann
    CF - ______, Mesa Jr., Sasaki/Pintar ---> D. Head, Cova, Valor
    RF - Stowers, Dane

SP RHP - Sandy, Eury, Max, Cabrera ----> Noble, Santana, Millbrandt
    SP LHP - Luzardo, Garrett, Weathers, Fulton ---> White, Snelling

RHP RP - ____, Mazur, Bender, Brazoban, Cronin, ____, Munoz, Maldonado, ____/E. Ramirez ---> A. May, and a half dozen more dudes
    LHP RP - Nardi, _____, Simpson/Kitchen

+Burger trade returns as last guy moved out, get more pitching for him.

Bendix can go gold mining for right hand relievers here on out.

Comment

• This could be a fun lineup at some point next season...
      C-Augustin Ramirez
      1B-Nathan Martorella(L)
      2B-Xavier Edwards(S)
      3B-Javier Sanoja
      SS-Jared Serna
      LF-Connor Norby
      CF-Kyle Stowers(L)
      RF-Graham Pauley(L)
      DH-Deyvison De Los Santos
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• DLC to pirates

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
          This could be a fun lineup at some point next season...
          C-Augustin Ramirez
          1B-Nathan Martorella(L)
          2B-Xavier Edwards(S)
          3B-Javier Sanoja
          SS-Jared Serna
          LF-Connor Norby
          CF-Kyle Stowers(L)
          RF-Graham Pauley(L)
          DH-Deyvison De Los Santos
          Pretty optimistic on Sanoja (2B/CF), Serna (2B), and Stowers (LF/RF) positions there I think, but absolutely try it for sure.

Comment

• Right-hander Jun-Seok Shim will be part of the return going back to the Marlins, per Mark Feinsand of MLB.com on X.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Pretty optimistic on Sanoja (2B/CF), Serna (2B), and Stowers (LF/RF) positions there I think, but absolutely try it for sure.
              My hope is they start most out in the minors and pepper the holes with low cost vets that they can just jettison when ready.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                Right-hander Jun-Seok Shim will be part of the return going back to the Marlins, per Mark Feinsand of MLB.com on X.
                I...I am pretty sure I predicted this exact move like 2 weeks ago lol.
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• 16 and 18 in the pirates system for DLC per pipeline. Him off the team is an improvement in and of itself. Good deal. Get norby and stowers playing every day

Comment

• Infielder Garret Forrester also heads to the Fish, per Christina De Nicola of MLB.com on X.

for DLC

Comment

• Shim was a coveted international guy when he came over but he’s very young.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        My hope is they start most out in the minors and pepper the holes with low cost vets that they can just jettison when ready.
                        A lot will, but.....

We already got Fortes, Burger, Edwards, Otto, and Sanchez here

Ramirez is ready. Its a service time thing only with Ramirez and they should deflect a few weeks. He's be 250-300 PA through AAA by end of the year and can get a few next year.

Pauley is up with Padres already and 300+ PA through AAA (with low BABIP). Sink or swim.

Norby has 1,000 PA in AAA. He's ready.

Mesa Jr. will have 550 PA in AAA by the end of the year

Stowers also has 1,000 PA in AA and 150+ MLB. He's ready.

I feel really confident this is coming

C - Fortes, Banfield/Ramirez
                        1B - Burger, DDLS
                        2B - Edwards, Otto
                        SS - ______, ______ < ---- Probably Sanoja. Play him everyday at SS in AAA here on out (he will be 550+ PA at AAA by end of season)
                        3B - Pauley
                        LF - Sanchez, Norby
                        CF - ______ < ---- Probably Mesa Jr. but could see a FA bridge
                        RF - Stowers

If we say include 1 of Sanoja (who can also play CF) or Mesa Jr. on the MLB roster, this is "2" free agents for the entire team next year. A SS or a SS/CF.

I'm extremely confident in this depth chart too, and feel free to cycle guys to rotation and pen if you like Mazur or think they go a traditional 5 man rotation. Bendix will find a "Cronin/Munoz" type lefty for the pen at league minimum. Not worried about this 1 fleeting blank line.

SP - Sandy, Luzardo, Max, Garrett, Cabrera, Weathers
                        RHP - Mazur, Bender, Brazoban, Cronin, Faucher
                        LHP - Nardi, ____

I know this is a punching bag line at this point - but this is screaming at the top of my lungs Willy Adames as this team is under $65m

Comment

• Thank you for your service, Punching Bag.

Comment

• The Scott haul definitely feels more like a depth move, which they've made a lot of. And depth is what has made the Rays so good, while we spent 2004-2017 with some of the best players in the game but our lack of depth meant we always sucked anyway.

Not gunna lie though, reading Bendix doing a trade with the Padres is getting to Beinfest making a trade with the Tigers territory in terms of reacting like this: conceited-yeah-right.gif

But that's obviously reactionary and we gotta see how these guys pan out first. The hope, after all, is the guy in the helm is better at this than others making lists and such.

Comment

• Big question with Norby, DDLS and Pauley, can one of these fuckers play a decent 3B? Guys like Edwards and Sanoja I would definitely say don’t have the arm for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

It's a great return if we ignore what Adam/Estevez got. So there IS that.

This is A LOT of speculation.

This is a bulk deal. We wanted 1 singular better player. They did the same deal twice with the Padres (Head). They took a bulk deal versus the 1 better guy.

That's fine. We'll see how it goes.
                                It is if you go by the current consensus rankings. But if you feel like Snelling is closer to that 44th overall prospect, and like the other guys, which one would assume the FO does, then it’s better than those deals. Again, I’d have preferred bats, and also the quality over quantity approach, but I’m willing to let it play out on this one because of the success this organization has had with developing pitchers with some upside.

Comment

Working...
                                X