• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHO CARES ABOUT ARRAEZ. GET OVER IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      WHO CARES ABOUT ARRAEZ. GET OVER IT.
      the team is 25 fucking games under .500 before july with the entire starting rotation on the injured list and no prospects of note. you fucking get over it. put me on ignore as ive said, i dont give a shit. the only conversation of note was a luzardo trade and that is gone now because this team is incompetent.
      Last edited by fish16; 06-24-2024, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• I know the injured list is not ideal but surely there has to be a better option than Munoz, a guy who was never even good in the minors at any level.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
          I know the injured list is not ideal but surely there has to be a better option than Munoz, a guy who was never even good in the minors at any level.
          Obviously there is one better option, but have you seen the other names of guys we've started in the last couple of days?

Comment

• Jorge Soler has a 0.2 WAR

Comment

• You could put completely random names and tell me they are currently in the marlins rotation and I’d believe you. Outside of max Meyer.

sixto to the 60 day. Hell of a job by him to make it back,
              but he sucks. His career is done after this year

Comment

• Maybe unpopular opinion but the Realmuto trade was almost as bad as the Yelich.

Traded a 28 year old generational catcher to a division rival for a pitching prospect with high upside but well known conditioning and weight issues and a catching "prospect" who was only a year younger than the catcher we were trading who was beyond awful defensively outside of a decent arm and who had light tower power but couldn't hit. Oh and some random non prospect LHP.
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Maybe unpopular opinion but the Realmuto trade was almost as bad as the Yelich.

Traded a 28 year old generational catcher to a division rival for a pitching prospect with high upside but well known conditioning and weight issues and a catching "prospect" who was only a year younger than the catcher we were trading who was beyond awful defensively outside of a decent arm and who had light tower power but couldn't hit. Oh and some random non prospect LHP.
                  To make matters worse, I recall that Realmuto was traded because he "didn't want to be here for a rebuild".

So we let players decide whether they want to stay or not and subsequently make thin trades to satisfy the player?

What a bunch of horse shit.

I fucking hate Derek Jeter.

Comment

• Didn’t realmuto want “too much” for an extension or was he not willing to sign an extension at all? Which is super funny in retrospect because the number he wanted was incredibly reasonable. I remember it being in the 100-120 range

Comment

• Jim Bowden put out a piece today for the Athletic where he polled 35 executives about the best player that will get traded by category. Obviously Scott was the top RP, but interestingly enough Jazz was the #1 hitter in his polling.
                      I thought Luis Robert Jr. of the White Sox would be leading this part of the poll, but he wasn’t even close. Based on the responses, the industry believes Chisholm is the position player most likely to be traded between now and July 30. Chisholm, 26, is starting his prime years and has a special combination of speed and power that many evaluators think will result in him someday joining the 30-home run/30-stolen base club. This year, he’s reached base at a .330 clip with 10 homers and 14 steals. He has a 113 OPS+. Some teams are interested in him as a center fielder and others view him as a middle infielder, where he played before a position switch last year. Either way, it sounds like he’ll be traded if Miami gets the right offer over the next five weeks. He would fit nicely with the Phillies or Giants.
                      I'm at the point where if they can get a good return for Jazz, and this really is a longterm build, then trade him. I'm not trading him to trade him, but if you can get a package of a could have good hitting prospects, with at least one relatively close to the majors, then I'd do it.

He also said that the executives didn't rule out a Luzardo trade if the medicals look ok, and Miami gets the right offer. I can't see that happening, though.

Comment

• Conflicted on Jazz, losing him hurts an already anemic lineup, but I also don't trust that he'll be anything more than he already is, with his injury proneness. Plus, from a personality standpoint, I just find him completely unlikeable. That interview from Spring Training, showed him to be not self-aware to an unbelievable level. An interview meant to throw his former teammates under the bus, but really he was about 5% making them look bad and 95% making himself look bad. Basically hiding like a little bitch, every day because you don't like your co-workers? C'mon man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Conflicted on Jazz, losing him hurts an already anemic lineup, but I also don't trust that he'll be anything more than he already is, with his injury proneness. Plus, from a personality standpoint, I just find him completely unlikeable. That interview from Spring Training, showed him to be not self-aware to an unbelievable level. An interview meant to throw his former teammates under the bus, but really he was about 5% making them look bad and 95% making himself look bad. Basically hiding like a little bitch, every day because you don't like your co-workers? C'mon man.
                          i agree. I think jazz is good, not great. they say he is a future potential 30/30 guy, but it just doesnt feel like he is as impactful as people think he is and as his stats would suggest. And i fucking hate his personality. Has nothing to do with the "play the game the right way" bullshit, he just seems super fucking annoying and not focused on winning. And he's injury prone. if it's going to be a 3 year rebuild, which it will, get rid of him.

Comment

• Trade Alcantra next season too. He is 30 next season. Likely not going to be part of any window where the team might be competitive. And only on contract through 2027(which itself is an option year).
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Trade Alcantra next season too. He is 30 next season. Likely not going to be part of any window where the team might be competitive. And only on contract through 2027(which itself is an option year).
                              it's a no brainer super reasonable team option for that year. No need to trade him until next trade deadline when he re-establishes his value after surgery. I would keep him though and try to add on more extension years to the end of the contract.

Comment

• punching bag right back down to a .714 OPS right around where he always is

Comment

Working...
                                X