Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    JJ Bleday hit a 3 run HR off of Trevor Rogers because of course he did
    Almost as if Trevor rogers stinks and has for the vast majority of his career outside of a few months 3 full fucking years ago.

im so glad ballys and comcast don’t have a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

Almost as if Trevor rogers stinks and has for the vast majority of his career outside of a few months 3 full fucking years ago.

im so glad ballys and comcast don’t have a deal.
      We were only 2 touchdowns and a field goal away from taking the lead tonight. Don't be so fast to dismiss the potential of this squad.

Comment

• The apologists are going to realize very very quickly just how bad of a move trading Arraez was. They are lucky they are on the west coast, it’s going to get really fucking bad when they get back here next weekend and beyond. Can’t wait to see 9 paragraph posts on how good they can be if they fill the 8 lineup holes with free agents after averaging 5k fans the rest of the way as if that makes any sense whatsoever. A team with 0 vision and ability to recognize the feelings of the market from top to bottom. Quite frankly, this has been a complete trainwreck of a franchise from the second they moved to this ballpark. From Ozzie praising Castro to now, just a complete trainwreck of a franchise for really its entire existence but especially since the move.
        Last edited by fish16; 05-04-2024, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Can’t wait to see 9 paragraph posts.
          So it sounds like you're officially back?

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

Comment

The apologists are going to realize very very quickly just how bad of a move trading Arraez was. They are lucky they are on the west coast, it’s going to get really fucking bad when they get back here next weekend and beyond. Can’t wait to see 9 paragraph posts on how good they can be if they fill the 8 lineup holes with free agents after averaging 5k fans the rest of the way as if that makes any sense whatsoever. A team with 0 vision and ability to recognize the feelings of the market from top to bottom. Quite frankly, this has been a complete trainwreck of a franchise from the second they moved to this ballpark. From Ozzie praising Castro to now, just a complete trainwreck of a franchise for really its entire existence but especially since the move.
            Don't forget the "Werth deal".
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Bethancourt got a hit today to go 2 for *checks notes* 39 this season

Comment

• Josh Bell is all thumbs at 1B

Comment

• Bendix spoke about the Arraez trade and said the Padres offer was “too good to walk past.”

and also said there’s no “definitive timeline” for a return to competitiveness….and that the Arraez move was the first in a “series of difficult decisions”

….aka another rebuild. I’m still going to follow and post out of habit, but I’m having a hard time seeing another rebuild through…

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    Bendix spoke about the Arraez trade and said the Padres offer was “too good to walk past.”

and also said there’s no “definitive timeline” for a return to competitiveness….and that the Arraez move was the first in a “series of difficult decisions”

….aka another rebuild. I’m still going to follow and post out of habit, but I’m having a hard time seeing another rebuild through…
                    well when you get the chance to trade the best pure hitter in baseball and the heart of your team for several non top prospects, the best of which is 19 years old and 3 years away from even being a big leaguer, you have to pull the trigger. especially so when you can take on that players whole salary.

Comment

• Head could be a top 50 prospect next year as a 20 year old. Not a blue chip by any means but not a nobody.

I wonder who's getting launched next. Tanner?

Comment

Head could be a top 50 prospect next year as a 20 year old. Not a blue chip by any means but not a nobody.

Everyone lol.

Comment

Head could be a top 50 prospect next year as a 20 year old. Not a blue chip by any means but not a nobody.

or he could be the latest in a long line of bats the marlins have failed to develop. Everything is projection with him currently. Lots of guys have tools. As of now, in his very brief minors experience, he seems to have no power and is not a great base stealer. 2 hr's and 7/14 sb's in 225 PA's. .253 average and .726 OPS. And he is 3 fucking years away from the majors at best, and most guys dont hit right away when brought up to the majors. so we are talking about 4 full years before we get any kind of benefit from him in this trade.

Also, tanner scott will be next. someone in the cubs world was saying the cubs were in discussions with the marlins for him. Again, it makes no sense that these moves weren't made in the offseason if this is the route.

Comment

• How the fuck is Jacob Berry so bad? What a monumental miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              How the fuck is Jacob Berry so bad? What a monumental miss.
                              bat first college bats with no defensive value early in the first round is just such a dumb idea. Instead of CJ abrams and Brooks lee we have AJ puk for Bleday and Jacob berry who i would guess never sees the majors at this point.

The inability to draft hitters has absolutely destroyed this team. Havent developed a single bat in close to what, 10 years since JT came up?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

I mean come on dude. You listed 6 of 9 starters they need to get in a single offseason to be a decent team, and you expect that to be realistic? It’s ridiculous.
                                Kim left flaring holes open for years without addressing them and we’re seeing the affects now.
                                I think it is very realistic for this team to acquire 6 bats trading Jesus Luzardo, Tanner Scott, whatever other spare parts they have, and spending $50 million (2023 payroll estimate). Easily can fit in Adames, Jansen, and a $10m bat with that amount.

Of course, Bruce has to show 2023 wasn't a fluke which I have continually said and I have continually said I don't necessarily expect him to do that, but there is a path. The rotation/staff may be very good in 2025.

And I agree with the bold which is why they need to make these trades? I've been banging this drum since November - remember when I said the best decision is to be a real team and spend, but then the next best is to tear it all down in the offseason and I was met with universal criticism now. Guess I was right.

Comment

Working...
                                X