No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly don’t love the return. The kind of return that says we don’t plan on competing any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

You're welcome.

See you next week.
      You won’t. You’re going to be bragging about sixto having an unlucky 8 era to Lou who will be replying with his 9 paragraph plan for the future werth signing that won’t ever happen very soon with no one else posting ever. With ballys no longer on comcast I won’t watch another game of this team until this guy sells. I’ve already watched more orioles than marlins games this year. There is 0 reason to root for this team. I’m done with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

You won’t. You’re going to be bragging about sixto having an unlucky 8 era to Lou who will be replying with his 9 paragraph plan for the future werth signing that won’t ever happen very soon with no one else posting ever. With ballys no longer on comcast I won’t watch another game of this team until this guy sells. I’ve already watched more orioles than marlins games this year. There is 0 reason to root for this team. I’m done with it.
        Ok sounds good. Please go away forever.

Comment

• Woo-suk Go is just the perfect slogan for this team.

We suck; everything must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Ok sounds good. Please go away forever.
            Gladly. I look forward to next offseasons pushing back of the werth signing you fucking clown

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
              Woo-suk Go is just the perfect slogan for this team.

We suck; everything must go.
              I was just about to make this joke you bastard. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Honestly don’t love the return. The kind of return that says we don’t plan on competing any time soon.
                I agree, would like one better player. They must love Dillon Head.

Still checking into these guys but sounds like Go is a true middle reliever, Marshee a bench OF, and maybe Martorella is a good platoon bat to hit righties.

Comment

Gladly. I look forward to next offseasons pushing back of the werth signing you fucking clown
                  You said you were leaving many posts ago and have turned into Maddawg, so just go away if you don't care?

BTW, I said they should sign Arraez the first minute they got him. This was a Kim failure from the start. Or Bruce for not letting her do it. It's probably Bruce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Honestly don’t love the return. The kind of return that says we don’t plan on competing any time soon.
                    I don't love it either at the moment. I suspect it was the best package they could get, though, for a guy that they were absolutely not re-signing for $100 million+

Comment

You said you were leaving many posts ago and have turned into Maddawg, so just go away if you don't care?

BTW, I said they should sign Arraez the first minute they got him. This was a Kim failure from the start. Or Bruce for not letting her do it. It's probably Bruce.
                      The entire fanbase just turned into maddawg, you’re just a clown and haven’t realized it yet. Youre going to continue to post 9 paragraph soliloquies about how they can make this work next year if they just spend $40 million with no sense of shame when it never happens. It’s a complete disgrace what they just did, and it’s going to be the end of this franchise down here until Sherman sells. I don’t think you have any fucking clue as to the pulse of what this just did to baseball down here. They just entered a full on 3 year tear down for a franchise that already was getting 6k (on paper) per night. This is about to get Oakland A’s level embarrassing. It’s a completely unserious franchise, and only clowns like you and namaste continue to support it emotionally and financially.

just go look on twitter at the responses, and that’s the diehards who actually give a fuck to go so far as to talk about this team online
                      Last edited by fish16; 05-03-2024, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

This style of trade worked out fantastically when we traded Yelich. Fingers crossed things go very differently.

I love Arraez. I will miss him. But he's also a (fantastic) singles hitter who isn't good defensively and is very slow.
                        But worked for Ozuna. You never know.

Arraez is statistically the worst defender in baseball at this moment (FG Def -5.7), so he's frankly going to be a 2-2.5 WAR 1B very quickly. He's not this crushing 3.5+ WAR 2B stud anymore. You're not spending the bucks needed to sign him here as he would still be marketed as a 2B to get to some Bryan Reynolds level contract ($106m) pre-free agency. At worst, $80m and you spending that?

As I have said, I want un-fucking-aplogetic baseball moves and to trade him right now was the right decision. No idea on the players they got back were the right ones, but the Rays were good at this so we'll see. They made the right decision to pull the plug and making right decisions like this is a step in the right direction. It's all we can ask for.

Go get Coby Mayo and friends now.

Comment

But worked for Ozuna. You never know.

Arraez is statistically the worst defender in baseball at this moment (FG Def -5.7), so he's frankly going to be a 2-2.5 WAR 1B very quickly. He's not this crushing 3.5+ WAR 2B stud anymore. You're not spending the bucks needed to sign him here as he would still be marketed as a 2B to get to some Bryan Reynolds level contract ($106m) pre-free agency. At worst, $80m and you spending that?

As I have said, I want un-fucking-aplogetic baseball moves and to trade him right now was the right decision. No idea on the players they got back were the right ones, but the Rays were good at this so we'll see. They made the right decision to pull the plug and making right decisions like this is a step in the right direction. It's all we can ask for.

Go get Coby Mayo and friends now.
                          When are you going to realize the orioles guys are untouchable, we have nothing to offer them. They have burnes and Rodriguez plus more, they aren’t trading these top hitting prospects for pitchers in an age where every pitcher gets hurt. How the fuck do you still not realize it?

Comment

The entire fanbase just turned into maddawg, you’re just a clown and haven’t realized it yet. Youre going to continue to post 9 paragraph soliloquies about how they can make this work next year if they just spend $40 million with no sense of shame when it never happens. It’s a complete disgrace what they just did, and it’s going to be the end of this franchise down here until Sherman sells. I don’t think you have any fucking clue as to the pulse of what this just did to baseball down here. They just entered a full on 3 year tear down for a franchise that already was getting 6k (on paper) per night. This is about to get Oakland A’s level embarrassing. It’s a completely unserious franchise, and only clowns like you and namaste continue to support it emotionally and financially.
                            The team is awful with and without Arraez. Nothing has changed.

How many White Claws are you on, as frankly, until they trade out Sandy, Cabrera, Garrett, Max, and Eury, it's not a 3 year tear down.

Who said I support them financially also? I wear a Jumbo Shrimp hat these days because fuck Bruce Sherman. But that doesn't mean this wasn't the right decision. Yes they created the bad situation they are in and that is on them, BUT also acknowledging this is what we need to do takes guts May 3rd. Hopefully Bendorx just grew up.

Comment

When are you going to realize the orioles guys are untouchable, we have nothing to offer them. They have burnes and Rodriguez plus more, they aren’t trading these top hitting prospects for pitchers in an age where every pitcher gets hurt. How the fuck do you still not realize it?
                              When are you going to stop posting because you don't care about this franchise

Comment

The team is awful with and without Arraez. Nothing has changed.

How many White Claws are you on, as frankly, until they trade out Sandy, Cabrera, Garrett, Max, and Eury, it's not a 3 year tear down.

Who said I support them financially also? I wear a Jumbo Shrimp hat these days because fuck Bruce Sherman. But that doesn't mean this wasn't the right decision. Yes they created the bad situation they are in and that is on them, BUT also acknowledging this is what we need to do takes guts May 3rd. Hopefully Bendorx just grew up.
                                Me not being a glass overflowing apologist like you doesn’t mean I’m drinking, I don’t drink. Give me a fucking break dude, look at their fucking lineup you clown. They don’t have a single full time major league non platoon player long term at this point outside of burger who has no real defensive position. We couldn’t score runs even with Arraez being the best pure hitter in baseball and just traded him for no one even close to being able to contribute. Let me guess, yes, if they just sign 5 guys using $50 million of free agent money annually they maybe, just maybe, will look good on paper. It won’t happen. This is a complete train wreck of a lineup and a complete trainwreck of an organization and ownership group, and they don’t have a single top hitting prospect worth a damn anywhere in the entire system let alone being close to major league ready. They quite literally need 7-8 long term position players. This team looks fucking awful for years to come. Not a single one of these hitters anywhere throughout the entire organization are remotely close to being stars, let alone the 3-4 guys they will need to get to that level to be anywhere close to being competitive

Comment

Working...
                                X