2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    i hope it gets oakland levels of bad attendance this year. I can believe anyone continues to waste their money on this shit.
    Me too because maybe Bruce throws his hands up and gives up. That's the ultimate change needed here.

Comment

• I know Skip would throw in the towel like this last year at times, but you would really think at 0-6 there would be some sense of urgency. Just seems like no one cares.

Comment

• Losing every game on a 7 game season opening home stand is just completely wild

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Losing every game on a 7 game season opening home stand is just completely wild
          To two teams that we should clearly be better than no less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

To two teams that we should clearly be better than no less.
            Eh, I don't know about that. The Pirates pitching is iffy but their lineup is very good.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Nick Neidert is still a free agent. Bring him in to get some starts.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

I think I am there too, in record time. This might be a check back in after the all star break and gear up for some interesting trades. Optimistically Luzardo isn't moved as I'd love to see Sandy, Eury, Luzardo, Cabrera, and Garrett, with Max, Rogers, Puk, and Weathers in the "pen," as I do think with any bat competence + P health this ship is righted very fast. But right now is baaaaaaad. Sweeps from the Pirates and Angels at home? YIKES
                I still have notifications and things on and I’ll still post and check in on games here and there (and likely turn them off quickly), but I have no desire to invest time or money into a terrible product.
                how they were complete morons and didn’t re-invest the added monies and goodwill from last year onto this years team is completely beyond me

Comment

• Throwing Kent Enmanuel and Burch Smith in a 2 run game is just complete mismanagement. Yes, those 2 shouldnt be in the bullpen at all but why are they being used like that? Those 2 should be break glass in a 10 run game, not to put into a 2 run game to make it a 10 run game. Skip did this all 2nd half after an incredibly well managed first half.

Comment

• I'm not going anywhere. I like the pain. I am extremely close to rooting for a 28 game losing streak, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      I'm not going anywhere. I like the pain. I am extremely close to rooting for a 28 game losing streak, though.
                      Whatever gets Bruce to sell the team. Every other ownership group would die for a 2025 situation of Sandy, Luzardo Garrett, Cabrera, Eury, Puk, Rogers, Weathers, Max and Nardi costing collectively $40m in a world Jacob DeGrom makes $40m a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Whatever gets Bruce to sell the team. Every other ownership group would die for a 2025 situation of Sandy, Luzardo Garrett, Cabrera, Eury, Puk, Rogers, Weathers, Max and Nardi costing collectively $40m in a world Jacob DeGrom makes $40m a season.
                        he's not selling. he literally said i think last year that he is going to die owning this team. and this team will die from him owning it.

Comment

he's not selling. he literally said i think last year that he is going to die owning this team. and this team will die from him owning it.
                          I don't disagree with you that he said that, but it is probably the only way things will change absent he has an epiphany that everything he is doing is the reason things are so mediocre at best to genuinely bad. We can only hope it gets so bad and he becomes so hated he sells.

Comment

I just don’t understand this. You’re going to die owning a team you put no effort into making good. Can this be fun for him? Is the endgame just to sit on this team so his kids can make a shit ton of money off the sale? Does he have kids?

Comment

I just don’t understand this. You’re going to die owning a team you put no effort into making good. Can this be fun for him? Is the endgame just to sit on this team so his kids can make a shit ton of money off the sale? Does he have kids?
                              I dont either. It makes 0 sense to buy a team and operate this way. The only way this franchise changes course is with an owner with deep pockets who can invest big bucks early without a ROI right away in the hopes of long term sustained success and turning this fan base around. That is the only way. And it can be done. It just needs a guy with a fucking vision

Comment

He also makes a shit ton of money just owning it. The team generates >$100 million before even selling a ticket.

There's a reason guys like Loria and now Sherman, Moreno, etc whine about how much it costs to own a team but make no effort to sell them.
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X