2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

Splitting hairs but one of the 2 outs Max got that you mentioned should have been a hit (Rendon) should have been a called 3rd strike but the ump missed the call the pitch prior to the hard hit ball
    Also, he's absolutely getting sent down (Skip telegraphed this in his post game last night).
    I love splitting hairs. Fair point, but I'd say that still falls under "hittable." And yea, I mean you're 0-5, does it look like you're a playoff team, why aren't you deflecting a year of service time to one of your top longterm assets if you're not gonna contend? He can be up at the ASB and that's that. I think Max falls into this tier wise of value? Hard to say he's not top 10 with 5-6 years of service time for this franchise.

Eury
    Sandy, Luzardo
    Jazz
    Arraez, Noble
    Garrett, Cabrera, Burger, Meyer
    Rogers, Puk
    J. Sanchez, Weathers, Nardi, White
    Scott, Edwards

And then it gets real rough. Gonna need to spend around the rotation even if Luzardo and Arraez are cashed in which I expect. Deadline is going to be magical.

Comment

• The long island ducks are signing Wei Yin Chen. Might be available by midseason for reinforcements. Never forget we paid that dude 90 million to be fucking horrific

Comment

• Amaya DFA'd. got a 3b from the Dbacks off waivers. Decent enough numbers. Seems like Jonah Bride replacement i would guess.

Comment

• it's honestly comical at this point- DLC is STILL batting cleanup tonight, plus Jonah Bride AND Garcia are also in the lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Amaya DFA'd. got a 3b from the Dbacks off waivers. Decent enough numbers. Seems like Jonah Bride replacement i would guess.
            Fucking yikes on Amaya. I guess the idea he will be a plus defender and hit lefties is laughable. Probably goes unclaimed though and reassigned to AAA. That's the Marlins #9 prospect outright DFA'd.

Rivera is a solid defensive 3B. This is a good claim to test him out. No options. Career .273/.329/.410 against LHP and can play solid 3B defense.

This should be a Garcia replacement and keep Bride (because Bride is likely better? But does it matter?), but given the DFA seems like Bride is going down for now.

Probably a nothing move, but is smart enough to try to find some bench guys that can stick with the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Fucking yikes on Amaya. I guess the idea he will be a plus defender and hit lefties is laughable. Probably goes unclaimed though and reassigned to AAA. That's the Marlins #9 prospect outright DFA'd.

Rivera is a solid defensive 3B. This is a good claim to test him out. No options. Career .273/.329/.410 against LHP and can play solid 3B defense.

This should be a Garcia replacement and keep Bride (because Bride is likely better? But does it matter?), but given the DFA seems like Bride is going down for now.

Probably a nothing move, but is smart enough to try to find some bench guys that can stick with the team.
              Is Bride likely better though? Garcia has at least had periods of success in his career. Bride is 28 with a career .530 OPS in close to 300 PA's. It's possible he just stinks and is a AAAA player. Neither should be on the team. Myers, Edwards when he is healthy, and Johnston should be given opportunities up here given the alternatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

Is Bride likely better though? Garcia has at least had periods of success in his career. Bride is 28 with a career .530 OPS in close to 300 PA's. It's possible he just stinks and is a AAAA player. Neither should be on the team. Myers, Edwards when he is healthy, and Johnston should be given opportunities up here given the alternatives.
                Garcia is pretty cooked IMO. Just look at that BB/K since he got to Miami. Bride you might get a better BB/K, which should lead to a better slash. There is some hope in youth with him. It's not like Garcia has any slugging potential anymore even if he connects on a majestic blast every 10-15 games reminding us of the better days. This is also talking about guys who shouldn't be on a the roster, so optimistically Rivera replaces one and Edwards the other and they get a lefty platoon guy with Rivera and Edwards just slaps his way to a low .700 OPS and isn't embarrassing defensively to be some sort of Nick Madrigal/Adam Frazier 2B/LF/CF type player. Get Garcia out of here and Bride to AAA.

I'm still going to say Dane should play everyday in AAA for 3+ months right now, but since Amaya has been cast off the island, I do think if they have 2 injuries right now, Bride should be first back up (as he's on the 40 man and why not try him out), and Johnston should probably be the next man up over Dane (and Mesa Jr.) as Johnston is a now or never guy so why not try him out.

In any event, maybe they can win a game tonight and get over that mountain and there is more to talk about than fringe bench guys.

Comment

• How many consecutive losses do you guess it will take before Skip gets launched and replaced by Kapler?

0-12?

Do you guys remember WAY back in the real early years of soflamarlins.com there was a poster, "JJ", who was a huge Kapler fanboy? That was funny.

Comment

• And here we were worried about Hoeing getting legitimate innings and he might be a top 5 player on the team?

The through 7 statcast is Marlins should have at least 1 more hit, and the Angels 1 less hit, meaning this game is as it should be. Luzardo could have been sharper.

The lost 8 in a row at one point last year remember. They are just getting it out of their systems early this year right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      How many consecutive losses do you guess it will take before Skip gets launched and replaced by Kapler?

0-12?

Do you guys remember WAY back in the real early years of soflamarlins.com there was a poster, "JJ", who was a huge Kapler fanboy? That was funny.
                      0-12 to open 2025

But jesus this is hot garbage.

Comment

• Game 4
                        Rogers 5 IP
                        Guttierrez 4 IP

Game 6
                        Luzardo 5.1 IP
                        Hoeing 3.2 IP

Part out of necessity for sure, but quite frankly this is the pitching arrangements we want when the guys are back.

Cabrera/Rogers + Eury/Puk may just happen over those two over 8+ innings and maybe they finally will use the guys right.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                          Game 4
                          Rogers 5 IP
                          Guttierrez 4 IP

Game 6
                          Luzardo 5.1 IP
                          Hoeing 3.2 IP

Part out of necessity for sure, but quite frankly this is the pitching arrangements we want when the guys are back.

Cabrera/Rogers + Eury/Puk may just happen over those two over 8+ innings and maybe they finally will use the guys right.
                          Its not going to happen.

Comment

• WEDNESDAY DAY GAME WILL BE PACKED TOMORROW

The give away is brown paper bags for fans to wear on their heads.

Comment

• My phone is the only way I can get this site to work these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

Its not going to happen.
                                Maybe, but I'd like to think Mel saying they want a 5 man rotation and deciding to stretch out Puk and Weathers before "the injuries" suggests they have a plan to maximize their best arm's innings, and the only way to do that is to turn 2-3 of them into 3-4 IP guys behind whoever the top 5 arms are. It would be real stupid to have guys (and younger ones at that) act like a SP all spring training and the first month of the season, to then ramp them down back into a RP in mid May. Because they may be needed again to start come someone gets hurt.

But I guess they are pretty stupid so there is always that.

Comment

Working...
                                X