No announcement yet.

It's Official: Marlins Dropping FLORIDA from 2010 Road Unis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIAMI -- A complete makeover will take place when the Florida Marlins move into their new ballpark in 2012.

At that time, the team name will change to the "Miami Marlins," and the club will unveil new uniforms. Even now, the organization is making some cosmetic alterations.

On Tuesday, the Marlins announced that they will be changing the team's road uniforms beginning in 2010.

The gray uniform top will now feature "Marlins" across the chest instead of "Florida." It's the first step with a look ahead to when the new ballpark opens on the Orange Bowl grounds in the Little Havana section of Miami in 2012.

The new road tops for 2010 will include a black, silver and teal Marlins script across the chest with matching names and numbers on the back. Another change is the patch of the team's "F" logo formerly located on the left sleeve will be dropped.

"This is just the first of many re-branding initiatives that will be introduced during the transition to the new ballpark in Miami," Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said. "We believe this change will better reflect the team's commitment to the South Florida community and will provide an enhanced look to the Marlins brand that fans will embrace."

Construction on the Marlins' new ballpark began last July 1, and the 37,000-seat building will have a retractable roof.
    http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=fla
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Just dont take away my teal dammit!
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

That is a seriously bland/nondescript uniform.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I still don't see what difference this makes. They hardly wear the gray jersey anyway. They've basically turned the black alternate into the road uni.

And I agree with BigGameFish. Don't take away the teal. And also, please do not put any kind of orange into the new uni's.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
            That is a seriously bland/nondescript uniform.
            All of the new uniforms will be bland, they don't want to distract your attention away from all the art around the new park.
            Last edited by Goodfella; 01-05-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I'm excited to see what that Player guy can do, I hear he's got 5 tool talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                I'm excited to see what that Player guy can do, I hear he's got 5 tool talent.

He's not that good but he bangs all the hot sports groupies and the team keeps him for wingman purposes on road trips.

Comment

I like that Gary Player likes the Marlins. He's a classy gent.

Comment

Are they putting first names on the back of the jerseys now? Because, if they're still using last names, shouldn't the back of those jerseys read "to be named later"?

Comment

Inside sources tell me that Player is unofficially on the payroll and was signed to a huge contract to act as the "clubhouse enforcer" along with Wes helms
                      Last edited by Fish and Chips; 01-05-2010, 06:16 PM.
                      Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                      Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                      Tom Koehler(4-0)
                      AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                        Inside sources tell me that Player is unofficially on the payroll and was signed to a
                        huge contract be act as the "clubhouse enforcer" along with Wes helms
                        And Dan Uggla, he cares
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Goodfella View Post
                        All of the new uniforms will be bland, they don't want to distract your attention from all the art around the new park.

And I actually wouldnt mind a touch of orange if its used right.
                        Last edited by BigGameFish; 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                          Are they putting first names on the back of the jerseys now? Because, if they're still using last names, shouldn't the back of those jerseys read "to be named later"?
                          i laughed a lot
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Dumb to take 'Florida' off the uniform and keep the 'F' cap. Should have brought back the 'M' cap.

MBA, the black alternate has also been eliminated.

Comment

Where is that listed? I haven't seen anything saying that the black altenate was eliminated. Beyond the speculation earlier. Nothing official, though.

Comment

It's official, believe me.
                                --------------------
                                It was on the Creamer board and they get their info off the Style Guides.
                                Last edited by Party; 01-05-2010, 10:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X