It's Official: Marlins Dropping FLORIDA from 2010 Road Unis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official: Marlins Dropping FLORIDA from 2010 Road Unis

It is a rumor on a sports logo/uniform discussion site. Nothing official yet or leaked pictures from the MLB Style Guide.

If true, the rebranding has begun.

Chris Creamer's site has all our uniforms as being through 2009, except the BP jersey. They're almost always accurate so I'd guess they've gotten some pretty solid info.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Not really a surprise, what with the news they were going to be getting new jerseys or whatever for '10 anyway.

Comment

Ha, on the other board they have it posted as speculation. Other teams are changing too. Mets, Twins, Brewers, Giants, and Rays/Royals.

Comment

But there's no other name so glorious, all hail Florida, hail...
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

A lot of the renewal stuff also omitted Florida. It was a lot of "watch your Marlins" where they'd usually do "your Florida Marlins."

Comment

A poster on CCSLC says the Marlins are dropping the black alternate for 2010.

The sleeve patch is also gone.

Comment

Is dropping the black alternate the first step in eliminating black from the color scheme? Or are they still expected to have black in 2012, but not have teal?

Comment

Getting rid of the black alternate is so dumb. I love it, and we made it the "big game" jersey since its inception.

And, as anyone knows, the dark color jerseys are always the best sellers.

Comment

Yeah, they should at least keep it around for the "big game" purposes. Maybe somehow reduce how much it's worn (even if that's usually the SP's decision), but don't ditch it altogether unless it's being replaced with a different alternate jersey.

Comment

Well we have no confirmation yet. I find it hard to believe.

We'll have the most boring set in baseball. MARLINS on home and away, no patches and the cap. I think it is half-assed to eliminate FLORIDA but not replace the F cap with the M cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                        Well we have no confirmation yet. I find it hard to believe.

We'll have the most boring set in baseball. MARLINS on home and away, no patches and the cap. I think it is half-assed to eliminate FLORIDA but not replace the F cap with the M cap.
                        It's just baby steps toward new uniforms

Comment

Why would we get rid of the black altenate? I have no way to go back and check this easily but I'd say the black alternate gets worn about 90% of the time when we're on the road. They hardly ever wear the grey uni's.
                          Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 11-17-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

the black unis are my fav
                            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                            Tom Koehler(4-0)
                            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Yeah. They better not eliminate the black one. It's the best. The only Jersey I own is a black one that says PTBNL on the back.

Comment

Working...
                              X