No announcement yet.

Offseason Discussion - Positions Players/Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to call the Herald and tell them I work for the Mets and that I called the Marlins seeking the services of Hanley Ramirez

I GON BE IN THE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ

Comment

• Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports (via Twitter) that the Marlins are not talking about trading Hanley Ramirez. No surprise here, but it's nice to have it confirmed.
      MLBTR

Comment

• Potentially good news on the Uggla front:
        Sullivan says the teams had "absolutely no discussions" about Marlins second baseman Dan Uggla. On November 19th, ESPN's Jayson Stark had written that talks with the Giants and Rangers for Uggla had gotten hot and heavy at the GM Meetings.
        MLBTR

Comment

• Good. Please keep Uggla. Trade Cantu.

Comment

• Retardocon

If Nick Johnson and Kiko Calero sign elsewhere in free agency, it doesn't look like the Marlins will receive draft pick compensation in return. The Marlins are leaning against offering arbitration to both Type B free agents. Tuesday is the deadline to extend arbitration to qualifying free agents.
            http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/archiv...y_arbitra.html
            --------------------
            If Kiko only makes 2 mil in arbitration, don't you offer him arbitration and hope he takes it?

jesus shit
            Last edited by nny; 11-30-2009, 02:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• you gotta be kidding me
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I don't see how you could be surprised by that.
                poop

Comment

• I bet it's just not the Marlins. With the way the FA market was last year, they might take it.

Comment

• And we've never offered arbitration. Who was the last one? I want to say in the 2005 draft we had one or two, but I can't remember who it was that got them for us.
                    poop

Comment

• we're outstanding

Comment

• Coghlan was a sandwich pick, was he not?
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Festa View Post
                          I bet it's just not the Marlins. With the way the FA market was last year, they might take it.
                          Kiko for 2 mil is a good deal. You hope he takes it.

NJ probably makes more in the FA market, and probably gets two years (at least he gets an option). Whats worse thing that happens if he takes it, we trade the right to him for nothing? He's barely played in 50% of the possible games the past two years, he's not going to make much in arbitration

Comment

• I can see being concerned when offering Nick Johnson arbitration but if Kiko is expected to make 2 million in arbitration I can't see not offering him arbitration.

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                              Coghlan was a sandwich pick, was he not?
                              He was. I think it was AJ signing with Toronto.

Comment

• Yep.

From the last arby guys (AJ, Pavano, Urbina)

We've gotten in the supplemental 1st round:

Coghlan, West and Tucker.

When you consider that our actual 1st round picks in those drafts were Sinkbeil and Volstad, hoooooo-boy, good thing we had those supplementals.

Comment

Working...
                                X