No announcement yet.

Bowden: Marlins Trade JT Realmuto to Phillies for Alfaro, Sanchez, Two Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a plus side Sixto is the first legitimate top 25 prospect the Marlins have acquired in ALL of their trades the last two years. Given the talent they've thrown around its pretty impressive it took this long.

Comment

our SP depth is now good throughout the entire organization from low A to AAA.

rotations for each next year?

AAA-Neidert, Gallen, Dugger, Merandy, Elieser?
      AA- Guzman, Yamamoto, Sixto, mills, beggs, poteet
      A+- cabrera, puckett, stewart
      A- rogers, garrett

Comment

Solid deal. Philly had around 1 million in IFA Cash

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          Well, that ends up being somewhat underwhelming. Sanchez is a great piece. He's the top prospect we needed to get. But a backup catcher, and a 3rd piece outside their top 10 isn't great filler, especially when we've heard about the Braves that they'd be charging a premium to keep him in the division. The IFA money is nice, but overall, I don't love this deal. But I guess it's better than I expected with what we've heard recently.
          Dude. The whole board has been screaming to max out with "1" elite guy the whole offseason as that what is missing in the farm, and that just happened. These secondary pieces were always going to be like this in that "1" stud scenario.

You want this, or India/Tucker/Santillian?

They did good. They traded 2 years of Realmuto for 17 years of players, and 1 with superstar # 1 ace potential they haven't had since Fernandez

Comment

I'm waiting for the inevitable "Marlins" scenario to happen where none of them pan out to be anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
              On a plus side Sixto is the first legitimate top 25 prospect the Marlins have acquired in ALL of their trades the last two years. Given the talent they've thrown around its pretty impressive it took this long.
              Brinson was basically that when they got him FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                Forgot Brinson was the #8 prospect in baseball. I rescind my previous statement.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                  that and stanton they were fucked for because of the contract and no trade clause. and then ozuna and yelich and gordon they clearly prioritized depth to revitilize the system.

Comment

Will be interesting what they are doing with the IFA Cash. They had been looking for some for months now so were targeting someone

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Will be interesting what they are doing with the IFA Cash. They had been looking for some for months now so were targeting someone
                      would it be for the new class or this past years class where we got VM?

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        would it be for the new class or this past years class where we got VM?
                        Likely for now.

Comment

Likely for now.
                          is there anyone even left? seems like they have someone ready to sign if they prioritized that in a jt deal rather than another prospect

Comment

Likely for now.
                            Isn't there only that one Cuban guy left now?

----

What am I talking about......Cuban = Miami, we need him regardless.

Comment

im guessing its yolbert sanchez, the cuban ss

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                im guessing its yolbert sanchez, the cuban ss
                                Yolbert Sanchez and 3 or 4 other Cubans out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X