The Education of Derek Jeter, Baseball CEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    true, i just feel like they need something to attract younger fans who might not like baseball and when i went to a game last year in atlanta and visited that area it seemed like a perfect attraction. And lets be honest, baseball stadiums, especially stadiums like the marlins, dont need 37000 seats or however many we have. I much prefer fewer seats and more entertainment areas if we're gonna have 81 games a year where most games wont come close to being sold out.

Also, and ive said this before so maybe its just me, but the clevelander sucks. You cant see the game and everything is ridiculously overpriced. They should put one of those clear hockey style boards instead of the chain link fence.

I really think the outfield is a good area though for that bar because those seats are almost never used and it would follow the successful path of what teams like the Braves and Rockies have done. All in all, I just think that the team needs to consider more attractions to attract non baseball fans. Even if you do something like a reduced price standing room only for a bar in the right field upper deck, youre getting increased attendance from people who wouldnt normally go to games and then increased concession/alcohol revenue. I think the ownership will implement ideas like that after a year or 2 of getting familiar with the fanbase/situation and determining what the best move is.
    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/m...217263650.html

Bowers said when the Marlins open the 2019 season March 28 at home against the Rockies, fans can expect to find new concessionaires that better reflect Miami tastes, to “to be authentically Miami.”

He said they’re also creating new seating sections for “millennials,” including lower-cost barstool seating and standing-room only areas.

“The first step of any is admit you have a problem,” Bowers said of past pricing strategies. “We had a problem. We weren’t structurally sound. We weren’t strategically sound. Our goal in this was multi-fold. It was to clean up what was a broken infrastructure in how we engage our season-ticket members. And we felt year one of ownership was the right time to do it.”
    Sounds like they're doing something like what you proposed - perhaps not as drastic as removing entire sections, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/m...217263650.html

Sounds like they're doing something like what you proposed - perhaps not as drastic as removing entire sections, but we'll see.
      Good to hear and much needed. The ballpark is beautiful overall, just needs a few improvements that im sure will come with the new ownerships increased awareness of what the particular problems as they experience more games.

Comment

Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
        2h2 hours ago
        More Jeff Passan Retweeted Andy Slater
        Love this. It's exactly what the Marlins should've done a decade ago. Good on Derek Jeter for embracing it. Between this and having English-speaking minor league players learn Spanish and vice versa, some very cool things going on with a franchise that needed a drastic overhaul.Jeff Passan added,
        Andy Slater
        Verified account

@AndySlater
        JUST IN: Marlins announce that they encourage fans to bring "musical instruments, flags, and more" to Marlins Park next year in newly-named outfield section "Comunidad 305."

Wow, Jeff Passan with a rare positive thing to say about the marlins. Figured id post it since its rare.

Comment

Working...
        X