Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Education of Derek Jeter, Baseball CEO

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...r-baseball-ceo

It's a pretty long article, and I'm not sure what exactly to quote here, as it covers a variety of topics, but it's an interesting look/take at what he's done and has learned and whatnot.

Good article. I found this part interesting. I assume that teal is coming back soon.

Among the big-picture items on his agenda: negotiating new TV and stadium naming rights deals, "rebranding'' the team uniform and colors, upgrading the spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida, and figuring out where the Marlins are headed with All-Star catcher J.T. Realmuto, the team's best player and a free agent in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      Good article. I found this part interesting. I assume that teal is coming back soon.
      Oh yeah, I remember reading that and forgot to mention it. Good catch!

Comment

Interesting to me aside from the fact that writers love a good jeter puff piece: Rebranding of the uniforms, Denbo not being well liked and hurting front office morale.

Comment

During a trip to Class A Greensboro, Denbo took note of the crates that housed the team's popular bat dogs and addressed the situation with a clubhouse attendant. According to people familiar with the encounter, the tone of his message ranged from a stern admonishment to something more biting.
          Huh?

- - - - - - - - - -

I find it telling that Michael Hill was barely even mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Interesting to me aside from the fact that writers love a good jeter puff piece: Rebranding of the uniforms, Denbo not being well liked and hurting front office morale.
            This isn't the first story that had folks within the organization criticizing Denbo's approach. I can't remember what other outlet the other appeared in...The Athletic or ESPN or something maybe.

Comment

People like Greenlee/DJ/others brought from NYY like Denbo the people that don't are the holdovers from Jeff. Reason he is not liked is because he holds people responsible and wants stuff done his way

All the people that dont like him won't be around long once he is promoted

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                Oh yeah, I remember reading that and forgot to mention it. Good catch!
                The team definitely listened to the fans in this regard I can tell you that. All the throwback color apparel sold incredibly well during the 25th Anniversary weekend. Hard to ignore all the $$$ that will be made next season. Plus I know for a fact everybody in the organization isn't a fan of the current stuff (and it's obvious given Jeter's love for Yankees classic look and style that our current look wouldn't do). The only person who enjoyed it was Loria and he's long out the door.

Comment

I want a new front office already. Can I say that in the "Dimelo" booth?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    I want a new front office already. Can I say that in the "Dimelo" booth?
                    your negativity is absurd, especially for the specific things you are complaining about in year 1 of a lengthy rebuild. You not being able to see the drastic difference in how this organization is being run compared to the loria years is your fault, not Jeters.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                      The team definitely listened to the fans in this regard I can tell you that. All the throwback color apparel sold incredibly well during the 25th Anniversary weekend. Hard to ignore all the $$$ that will be made next season. Plus I know for a fact everybody in the organization isn't a fan of the current stuff (and it's obvious given Jeter's love for Yankees classic look and style that our current look wouldn't do). The only person who enjoyed it was Loria and he's long out the door.
                      It'll be interesting to see how it turns out - I don't want it to just be the old unis again, I think it all needs to be tastefully updated, while keeping the general look/feel.

Comment

The orange jerseys are almost never used any more. While very spring training/slow-pitch softball... anything other than the grey road jerseys was ok by me.

Comment

your negativity is absurd, especially for the specific things you are complaining about in year 1 of a lengthy rebuild. You not being able to see the drastic difference in how this organization is being run compared to the loria years is your fault, not Jeters.
                          Your positivity considering all that is happening is even more absurd.

- - - - - - - - - -

Considering the “culture” our great GM is trying to build, I wonder what the repercussions will be for UreƱa after tonight’s game. What he did was not an example of “playing the game the right way.”

Comment

Originally posted by Finsanity View Post
                            The orange jerseys are almost never used any more. While very spring training/slow-pitch softball... anything other than the grey road jerseys was ok by me.
                            They dropped the orange ones altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                              They dropped the orange ones altogether.
                              Actually made them the ST uniforms

Comment

Working...
                              X