Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    AAA Rotation is Alcantara/Gallen/Richards/Peters? Smith?/Turner
    I would assume Alcantara, D. Peters, J. Garcia (to get him innings, he isn't a top 4 SP assuming they sign a veteran SP which I think they will), Turner (to keep him stretched out for now), and Richards. That's a very interesting AAA rotation.

I can see Gallen opening in AA and moving up once Peters/Garcia join the team in likely May when they need a permanent 5th SP. I think Alcantara should get some innings down there, and ideally get past his Super 2 deadline which I believe is in mid-July. No rush there.

Caleb has been in AAA enough. He can open with the team in the pen. He and Despagine can act as the # 5 SP together and in between throw some innings as 50 pitch guys. They should really do a 4 man rotation through mid-may, and just accept the 4-5 "bullpen days" they will need. They can easily do that with 9 relievers the first 6 weeks, and calling up/down guys like O'Grady/C. Smith for fresh arms every 10 days.

Comment

• If they need a spot then ya Gallen is the odd man out would go down to AA. Turner will likely be that vet just in case AAA SP

But AA also has a full rotation without him-Neidert/Lopez/Merandy/Yamamoto/Meyer/Poteet(Even tho 4 of them could be fine/used in the pen).

Gonna be very interesting to see what Denbo does with guys. We havent signed many older FA like years past(a few 25 yr olds for AA) and have ALOT of depth in lower levels. Only released like 3 guys so far(GCL guys)
      Last edited by tjfla; 03-02-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Ya it seems like we have somewhat of a rotation surplus in the upper minors for the year.

Comment

• Urena, Jarlin, and Caleb smith all threw 2 scoreless today and Brinson again had another double and is still hitting .400. He's gonna make the team opening day.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Ya it seems like we have somewhat of a rotation surplus in the upper minors for the year.
            Whole system has a rotation surplus-we are going to have solid 21/22 yr olds sitting in Extended ST,August we will have another 3 solid arms coming off TJ(Garrett/Holloway/Roberson) and in draft we will probably take 3 or 4 college/advanced arms very early(Draft has alot of college arms at the Top) We have 4 of First 100 picks

Comment

• Yamamoto sent down. I believe he only pitched an inning. Weird to me how neidert wasnt even invited for big league camp even for just a week or 2.

Comment

Yamamoto sent down. I believe he only pitched an inning. Weird to me how neidert wasnt even invited for big league camp even for just a week or 2.
                The Marlins website says Neidert was a NRI he just probably didn't throw in a game. Probably just wanted to have him and Yamamoto around for the experience. I believe Neidert was part of Denbo's captains camp I bet Yamamoto was too.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                  The Marlins website says Neidert was a NRI he just probably didn't throw in a game. Probably just wanted to have him and Yamamoto around for the experience. I believe Neidert was part of Denbo's captains camp I bet Yamamoto was too.
                  oh ok, idk why but when i checked the NRI's i didnt see him but that makes more sense. Didnt care about throwing an inning in a game just didnt understand why he wasnt at least invited to big league camp. Also your use of NRI scared me because it looked like MRI at first and i was really hoping he wasnt injured.

Comment

• Seems the Marlins are being mentioned for at least one IFA pitcher for 2018.

https://twitter.com/BaseballAmerica/...95886389551105

Comment

• Mike Napoli had some hope to stay home with the young Marlins before he went to Cleveland. That really would have tested Napoli’s long track record of winning.
                      This is from Jon Heyman's latest article. Really interesting if we would have traded JT or Bour. I wanted Napoli last year. Always liked his slugging ability and leadership.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also in that article it talks about how they arent all that concerned about losing Dee Gordon which is interesting to me. I always thought Dee was a little overrated especially for the contract but he was still an OK player.

Comment

• Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          Link?
                          https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/ins...er-surprising/

Comment

• Simply amazing. In six innings, Cloyd and Gallen have allowed 17 ER. The rest of the entire pitching roster has allowed only 8. Offensively, the Marlins sport a league worst OBP of .295. Just goes to show, pitching leads the way.

Comment

• Thanks much

Comment

Yamamoto sent down. I believe he only pitched an inning. Weird to me how neidert wasnt even invited for big league camp even for just a week or 2.
                                They call up young guys just to give them a taste of stuff and eat some innings till guys are ready. They will still throw in ST and all but in B games. Only injuries so far are Sharif Othman(Seperated Shoulder) and Mike Kickham(arm)

By way Neidert is pitching TODAY.Neidert/Conley/Merandy. Corey Bird and Riley Mahan also made the trip up. The C team is playing Atlanta today!!
                                Last edited by tjfla; 03-04-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X