2018 Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Former Marlin farmhand Kyle Jensen, 29, is lighting it up for SF! In a dozen plate appearances: five walks, one K, 3 HR, 7 RBI, .571 avg.
    Sigh.....hopefully he cools down and the shit on Hill's face dries up.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bugs me that Zac Gallen gets another start tomorrow over homegrowns Richards and Meyer.
    He's their trade-baby. Hill & Jeter need hin to well to justify what they gave up. He will be given every opporunity to make THEM look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
      Sigh.....hopefully he cools down and the shit on Hill's face dries up.

- - - - - - - - - -

He's their trade-baby. Hill & Jeter need hin to well to justify what they gave up. He will be given every opporunity to make THEM look good.
      Do you ever post anything not snarky or negative? I went back and looked at all of your posts and its literally 100% snarky or negative.

Comment

Garrett Cooper with a monster home run off of former marlin great Jason Vargas.

Comment

What we are already learning about Harrison and Diaz: They are trying to pull everything. Until they learn to hit up the middle or the opposite way, the struggles will continue. Neither one has gotten the ball into the air yet.

Monte Harrison is struggling?

Comment

Didn't watch the game, but looks like from the box score Alcantara took care of the Mets opening day starters for 3 innings. #something

Comment

I listened on mlb audio. He was definitely more hittable than he was in his last outing, got bailed out by a couple of DPs, though.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Do you ever post anything not snarky or negative? I went back and looked at all of your posts and its literally 100% snarky or negative.
                Wow, I'm so glad you had that much time to waste on little ol' me. Thank you for making me feel so important LOL.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                Garrett Cooper with a monster home run off of former marlin great Jason Vargas.
                Great ? I've never heard that & Vargas in the same breath...oh well

Comment

facetious

Comment

Our pitching has been really damn good in the first week of spring training.

Comment

And Braxton Lee looks more ML ready than i gave him credit for. I thought coming into spring that he wasnt close to ML ready but I could see him getting one of the OF jobs to start the year or be the 4th OF for a few months.

Comment

And Braxton Lee looks more ML ready than i gave him credit for. I thought coming into spring that he wasnt close to ML ready but I could see him getting one of the OF jobs to start the year or be the 4th OF for a few months.
                        He is great defensively and can hit. No power but is perfect 4th OF-I could see him get the nod over Ortega if they go for 1 of them(especially since he is already on the 40 man)

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          He is great defensively and can hit. No power but is perfect 4th OF-I could see him get the nod over Ortega if they go for 1 of them(especially since he is already on the 40 man)
                          Ya seems like a guy who can be a solid leadoff speedy type OF or 4th OF at worst. Either way its a solid return for Hech.

Comment

Ya seems like a guy who can be a solid leadoff speedy type OF or 4th OF at worst. Either way its a solid return for Hech.
                            Got a solid arm in Ethan Clark too. Will be 23 in Jupiter but looked very nice LY in Gboro just gotta clean up the control some

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Got a solid arm in Ethan Clark too. Will be 23 in Jupiter but looked very nice LY in Gboro just gotta clean up the control some
                              Didnt remember how solid his numbers were until i just checked. He'll be 23 all year so maybe if he has a nice first half in Jupiter he can finish the year in AA. Either way pretty solid return for a guy like Hech.

Comment

Didnt remember how solid his numbers were until i just checked. He'll be 23 all year so maybe if he has a nice first half in Jupiter he can finish the year in AA. Either way pretty solid return for a guy like Hech.
                                Ya he is nothing special but is 6'5 235 and is a flyball pitcher. Should look great in Jupiter especially if he throws strikes. Flyball pitchers get away with alot in the FSL

Thing about Clark is he was a flyball pitcher in Greensboro which usually means terrible numbers but he looked great. Usually guys get beat up there and are totally different at Jupiter(See Pablo Lopez) Lopez went from looking like a solid prospect first few year then got destroyed in CAL(which most pitchers do) back to a solid prospect in Jupiter
                                Last edited by tjfla; 03-01-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X