No announcement yet.

2018 Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aj Ellis signed in San Diego for just over a million. Wonder if there was any interest in us bringing him back or if he just wanted to go back to the West coast. I would have liked to see him back for that price tag. He is a great clubhouse guy supposedly and is great with young pitchers.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Would've liked to have him back for this year.

Comment

Wish we had Ellis or Mathis heading into this season.

Comment

Anderson who I think didn't have a hit before yesterday now has an OPS over 1.000. Brinson continues to rake. Gallen getting crushed.

Comment

Guys hit better off Gallen than they do in batting practice! Hard to figure.

Comment

Safe to say Gallen is going to take a trip to AAA

Comment

More like AA for Gallen

He should at least be able to perform as well as Chris Mazza at AA first- and he hasn't.

Comment

And then Nicolino. For the last two seasons he's been beyond bad. Just release him for goodness sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                    He should at least be able to perform as well as Chris Mazza at AA first- and he hasn't.
                    Gallen is 6 years younger than Mazaa and at the same level of competition. He has already exceeded Mazaa's performance dramatically just by being where he is. Come on man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      Wish we had Ellis or Mathis heading into this season.
                      When we had Mathis people wanted to kill him and now we realize he wasnt too bad

We were interested in bringing Ellis back but he wanted to go out West

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      We have broken Gallen!!

AAA Rotation is Alcantara/Gallen/Richards/Peters? Smith?/Turner. Mazza is just minor league depth. James Needy isnt good at all

Guys like Mazza/Needy/Brandon Barker/Cloyd are just around to eat innings

- - - - - - - - - -

Meet our new signing

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsb...013001798.html

John Bormann who was signed cause Othman got hurt. Nothing more than backup C for Jupiter

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        When we had Mathis people wanted to kill him and now we realize he wasnt too bad

We were interested in bringing Ellis back but he wanted to go out West
                        Mathis had a pretty decent final year with us. Still Mathis' best year is probably equal to Ellis' worst year, very underrated backup C.

Comment

• Just look at what Gallen did at AA last year. He was overmatched. The age thing means nada to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            Just look at what Gallen did at AA last year. He was overmatched. The age thing means nada to me.
                            It means something to literally everyone else. And no, Gallen wasnt close to overmatched in AA last year and also had success in AAA after.

Comment

• Probably a good thing Gallen's taking some lumps in the spring. He'll go back to AAA and be fine I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                                Just look at what Gallen did at AA last year. He was overmatched. The age thing means nada to me.
                                Overmatched? He wasn't dominant in AA but didn't look bad at all. He will be fine send him down to AAA and get him back on track

Comment

Working...
                                X