No announcement yet.

Marlins Lose to Braves Again 3-5, Stanton Hits Mammoth HR to 2nd Deck in Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Lose to Braves Again 3-5, Stanton Hits Mammoth HR to 2nd Deck in Center

Clearly, Latos needs to avoid pitching against the Braves.

LOL Ichico and Hech both picked off on the basepaths.

Can't hit with the bases loaded. Also pinch hitting Solano over Morse with the bases loaded didn't help.

At least Stanton is hitting the ball really far!

Can they seriously commit to be sellers if they aren't within 2 games of .500 when Jose returns.

Comment

I really need the Dolphins to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        Can they seriously commit to be sellers if they aren't within 2 games of .500 when Jose returns.
        What are they going to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          What are they going to sell?
          They could sell anyone but Hech, Dee, Yelich, Stanton, Ozuna, Alvarez, Jose, Prado, and Realmuto and be in a better position to compete in 2016. You can even trade some of these pieces depending on the return.

Comment

Anyone other than the core and I'd be for that. But the problem is that outside of the core pieces, the rest of the team really isn't that good. No one is going to trade much for Haren because of his age and poorish numbers but he's probably gonna give you the best return out of the combination of him, Latos and Koehler. All have meh to bad numbers and meh to bad trade value. Then what? Bullpen sucks right now and the only one who might get anything of value in return is Cishek or Ramos, but that's only if one of them has success in the closer's spot. Frankly, I'd hope Cishek turns it around and gets dealt in July because teams love those saves and we could actually get a decent player in return for him. Maybe Ichiro would get something, maybe Morse would get something, but it's all predicated on good play out of those players. And the fact of the matter is, if the pieces other than the core play well--they won't get traded anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
              Anyone other than the core and I'd be for that. But the problem is that outside of the core pieces, the rest of the team really isn't that good. No one is going to trade much for Haren because of his age and poorish numbers but he's probably gonna give you the best return out of the combination of him, Latos and Koehler. All have meh to bad numbers and meh to bad trade value. Then what? Bullpen sucks right now and the only one who might get anything of value in return is Cishek or Ramos, but that's only if one of them has success in the closer's spot. Frankly, I'd hope Cishek turns it around and gets dealt in July because teams love those saves and we could actually get a decent player in return for him. Maybe Ichiro would get something, maybe Morse would get something, but it's all predicated on good play out of those players. And the fact of the matter is, if the pieces other than the core play well--they won't get traded anyway.
              That's exactly the problem. They'll add a Carlos Lee and say they tried to compete which in reality the move did nothing to help the team and even if all that was got in trades was AA relievers for some of the guys who have expiring contracts it's worth it.
              I'd trade Phelps regardless of standings if he's keeping up this pace. He would net something of value in that case.
              Everyone I didn't list in my previous post that will be under contract has no place on this team next year if they have the same payroll constraints unless they are making the minimum.

Comment

I want to sell...well except for all the good players on our team.

The point of selling is to trade players who serve no purpose long term or are going to be too expensive in the near future for young prospects. We're not in any position to be any kind of real seller, and we don't have the prospects in the system to be huge buyers (small buyers for some relievers or a low end starter, but no major kind of move).

I think it's still obvious the team is better than the record. I think I reached a point in late April when it hit me just how much I don't late our starting rotation, and it still scares me given how mediocre to bad it is outside of Jose/Alvarez. Losing sucks, but the team will hit a run at some point. I'm just willing to be patient and wait through the crap.

Comment

After 37 games the Marlins are TWO games ahead of the Phillies.

What an embarrassing team.

*PHI RDiff is like -61 and our is 0 but I don't care right now I'm pissed.
                  Last edited by Namaste; 05-16-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

they're gonna get hot soon

definitely is annoying though

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                      they're gonna get hot soon

definitely is annoying though
                      Needs to be very soon. The hole is getting bigger. The team needs to go 69-56 to get to an 85 win season.

Comment

We're only 5 games back in our division! Five!! If we're five games back with even only 25 games left in the season I would be excited. And this without our two best starters. And mostly without Yelich. And after a very tough and long road trip that went all the way to the west coast and including games against the best team in the NL, the defending champion, and the team predicted to win the NL. We faced Grienke, Bumgarner, Strausburg. And if Cishek hadn't blown 2 saves we would be only 3 games out.

It's certainly frustrating to lose to the Braves, but after a long and frustrating trip on the other side of the country, I'm not exactly seeing "panic mode" as reasonable. You guys need to chill. You're talking about who to trade at the deadline??? If we won all the games for the next week, you wouldn't be saying to still make trades. Relax! The season is EXTREMELY young
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

somewhere between talking about selling and that post there is how I feel right now

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                            Needs to be very soon. The hole is getting bigger. The team needs to go 69-56 to get to an 85 win season.
                            Is this a serious post?

Comment

I'm talking about committing to be sellers instead of adding a piece that does nothing and acting like they were buyers when the time comes. I don't see the resources to go out and get the piece to put this teams going to need to put them over the top so if they're below 2 games below .500 when Jose comes back they probably aren't a legitimate contender and it would make more sense to not push Jose and put the team in a better position to compete in 2016.

Comment

Working...
                              X