• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Chris Hatcher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      Maybe Chris Hatcher?
      I agree Hatcher is first off.

No reason for 5 catchers too. I could see Brantly or Skipworth being removed after that.

Who is Paredes?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
        If we want our 2nd pick in the Rule 5, who gets dropped off the currently filled 40-man?
        They haven't made up there minds yet but Hatcher or Paredes could be DFA or LoMo dealt.

Comment

• According to Heyman, Hart is headed to Seattle on a 1 year deal. Hopefully this speeds up the LoMo deal.

Comment

• @JonHeymanCBS: corey hart is headed for #mariners, according to sources. 1 year deal. will likely bat behind cano.
            Twitter

Fuck yeah

Comment

• Milwaukee will now be stepping up to get LoMo

Mets asked for Tyler Thornburg for Ike Davis so as long as we dont get too crazy he is probably headed there unless TB and Pitt up the offers

Comment

• @Buster_ESPN: The first base Merry-Go-Round plays out: Rays/Brewers both involved with James Loney and Logan Morrison discussions. Looking for placement.
                Twitter

No way TB gets Loney, he mentioned he wanted 3/30 or somewhere around that ballpark, I believe.

I do think, however, that Milwaukee can and will most likely land Loney. It was said that their offer to Hart was about 8 million plus incentives, for a one year deal, according to Bob Nightendale.

Comment

• Sorry guys but from what I have heard I don't think Stanton will sign.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I think most teams would trade for Morrison over putting money into Loney

Comment

• Not sure if this is true, but someone told me there is a deadline to DFA players before the Rule V draft. Not sure if that's accurate though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                        Not sure if this is true, but someone told me there is a deadline to DFA players before the Rule V draft. Not sure if that's accurate though.
                        There is but think its like 11PM tonight(Not sure tho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                          Sorry guys but from what I have heard I don't think Stanton will sign.
                          I don't know where this is coming from, but he would sign a substantial 6 year contract ($80+) this offseason right now. It's not worth gambling his future on his legs for that kind of money. Next offseason, no way (assuming he is relatively healthy in 2014). 2014 payroll plus 2015 arb tender would, modestly, total $15 million in salary so at that point you probably gamble on yourself in 2015-2016 for big time free agency in 2017 as you are pretty set with that cash.

Right now? Nope. This is the last opportunity to sign him.

I suspect they don't and plan on moving him in July or November 2014 for the mother load.

Comment

• Just from the one person I talked to he said he wouldn't.

Comment

• Marlins offer 6/$85 he'd take it no matter the level of disgust. It's just to much money. He is slated to make $7 this season.

Comment

• I like the Lomo trade. Our pitching depth is amazing right now. Definitely frees us up even more to deal Cishek for young talent. I'm also glad we haven't moved any starters. So far I have to give the FO an A on what they've been able to do. Smart moves which have long term vision. But as for next season, I don't see our offense being good enough to make us at least a 500 team, which I think is plausible with our pitching. How I see the lineup as of now:

Furcal
                                Yelich
                                Jones
                                Stanton
                                Salty
                                Ozuna/Marisnick (?)
                                Dietrich/Solano/Lucas (?) - 3B
                                Hech

I would really like to see us bring in Young or Chavez if either are willing to do a one year deal for under $4mil. Maybe we can also get some average return for Ruggiano. Now is certainly the best time to trade him. He was very up and down last year, and he doesn't figure to see our field much next season in the current state of affairs.
                                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                                X