No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw Samson. He is towered over by everyone. He has an orange "keep calm and" iPhone cover. I couldn't see the rest because his hand was in the way.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Keep calm and pile on?

Comment

• I'd wager Mainge's reputation that we aren't trading for Trumbo to be our 3B, despite the manufactured rumors to the contrary.
        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Bob Elliott at the Toronto Sun also shared that the Blue Jays were discussing a package that included current 1B/DH Adam Lind in exchange for Morrison but the Marlins weren’t biting.
          Twitter

@JoeFrisaro: noted by @Ken_Rosenthal Delmon Young is working out at first base. The #Marlins have inquired about that option. #WinterMeetings
          Twitter

Comment

• @JCRMarlinsbeat: Source: #Marlins NOT among teams in on Mark Trumbo.
            @JCRMarlinsbeat: According to front office man that's checked in on Logan Morrison, #Marlins have as many as seven suitors for him.
            Twitter
            --------------------
            @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Marlins interested in Uribe for 3B. Addition of Uribe along with Furcal would give team different vibe, inject positive energy.
            Twitter
            Last edited by Big Z; 12-10-2013, 09:52 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Tjfla, please confirm positive vibe rumors.

Comment

• I'm getting positive vibes on the positive vibes rumor.

Comment

• Vigliotti/Miller: Logan Morrison talks heating up; Marlins like Rickie Weeks

Ever since agreeing to terms with Garrett Jones last week, the Miami Marlins have said they are intending to eventually trade Logan Morrison. Now the talks are heating up.

A source close to the situation told Outside Pitch Sports Network the Marlins are receiving better offers for Morrison, including the Rays, Brewers and a mystery team. There are as many as seven teams involved on Morrison.

Multiple source close to OPSN says Rickie Weeks could be heading to Miami if a trade with the Brewers were to happen. The trade were to suit both teams with their respective needs.

Shane Miller @ShaneMiller27

Source: 7 teams in on Logan Morrison, but three teams with great offers Rays, Brewers and a mystery team. Weeks is in Brewers offer
                  Andrew Vigliotti @Andrew_Vig

Multiple sources told OPSN that Rickie Weeks name has come up in an offer for the Marlins Logan Morrison. Market for Morrison heating up
                  Morrison didn’t provide much power last season, hitting six home runs in 85 games, but is two years removed from his 23 home-run campaign with an offensively-challenged Marlins club. The Brewers have a clear need at first base and could insert him there on a regular basis and see more consistent production.

The Marlins are looking to add a second baseman this off-season as they don’t want to count on Donovan Solano if they can help it. Solano batted .249/.305/.316 with three homers and 34 RBI in 102 games last season.
                  --------------------
                  Eduardo A. Encina @EddieInTheYard
                  #Orioles have targeted Logan Morrison as well as other #Marlins outfielders for a possible trade.
                  Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-10-2013, 11:00 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• With all the rumors I've heard the past few days, I would be very surprised if we don't receive a very nice return in this trade. Kudos to the FO for recognizing the asset they have in this winter market and creating a firestorm over a player I don't think any of us think greatly of. Really gotta give them credit.
                    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Weeks makes $11 million and an option vests with 600 PA. Let alone just going to play him at 3B? That's silly

Comment

• @Enrique_Rojas1: Fuente: #Dodgers ofrece 1 año y 1 opción a Juan Uribe. #WSox dispuestos a dar dos años. Uribe cerca de decidir
                        Twitter

Translation: Dodgers offered Uribe 1 year w/ an option, and White Sox offered him 2 years. Uribe is close to deciding.
                        --------------------
                        @clarkspencer: Hearing that the #Marlins have no interest in Juan Uribe as a 3B option.
                        Twitter

Uhhhh, ok then..
                        --------------------
                        @justinruggiano: @PHill_bone be prepared to give me some fungos come spring training! Already getting excited!#merrychristmas
                        Twitter

Ruggiano to platoon at 1B?
                        Last edited by Big Z; 12-10-2013, 12:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                          Weeks makes $11 million and an option vests with 600 PA. Let alone just going to play him at 3B? That's silly
                          Well, he is one of the worst fielding 2b's. If we were to get him, I'd probably rather have him at 3rd and pray he some how is better there.

But I'd much rather not have him. Two years running of negative WAR production. I'd probably rather have Solano and that's ignoring Weeks' contract. Add that on and it's just like lolwut

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                            Twitter

Ruggiano to platoon at 1B?
                            That would make a lot of sense. I like that idea.

Comment

• I have no problem with Jones/Ruggiano at 1B, but I have a problem with Ozuna as the primary CF starter. Not sure that is a good idea. Would rather keep Morrison and play jones\ruggiano platoon next to Yelich.

Comment

• Tom ‏@Haudricourt 41m
                                I am told there is nothing to rumors that would have #Brewers sending Aramis Ramirez or Rickie Weeks to Marlins for Logan Morrison. Nothing.
                                Brewers beat writer
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X