No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They might wait on a LoMo trade until they see if Tampa/Seattle make a Price deal.

They are interested in trying to see if they can pry one of Seattle's young IF-Franklin,Miller,Seager or even Ackley. Miami knows it a longshot however both Seattle and Tampa have interest in LoMo and the thinking is maybe they can get 1

A Seattle/Tampa deal would look like

Tampa-Walker/Franklin/Smoak? and more
    Seattle-Price

Comment

• @Joelsherman1: With Napoli off boards clubs such as #Rangers #Rockies #sfgiants #marlins getting more serious on Mike Morse. Struggled last yr but (cont)
      Twitter

@Joelsherman1: had surgery in Oct for bone outgrowth in wrist that hampered him. 3 previous yrs avgd 21HRs, .861OPS
      Twitter

1B against LHP?

Comment

• .280/.332/.470 vR
        .284/.340/.479 vL

career

if we sign him, it won't be to platoon

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          .280/.332/.470 vR
          .284/.340/.479 vL

career

if we sign him, it won't be to platoon
          Interesting. Wonder what his role would be. I'd assume 1b, but that's weird since we were in the process of signing Jones.

I read last night, I think in a Barry Jackson column, that we were looking at Hart, but he did not want to move as fast as the fish wanted, so we moved on.
          --------------------
          @ChrisCotillo: Juan Uribe likely to sign soon. According to @THEREAL_DV, #WhiteSox and #Dodgers involved.
          Twitter

There's that.
          Last edited by Big Z; 12-08-2013, 10:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Garrett Jones has finalized his two-year deal with the Marlins, and an announcement is expected on Monday.

The 32-year-old, formerly with the Pirates, is expected to be a platoon option at first base. A left-handed hitter with 102 career home runs, he also offers depth in right field.

Jones becomes the third free agent to sign with the Marlins in the past week. On Friday, the club announced the signings of catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia and infielder Rafael Furcal, who will be playing second base.

With Jones joining the club, the Marlins are actively shopping first baseman Logan Morrison. The Rays, Brewers, Braves and Orioles are said to be interested.

At the Winter Meetings, the Marlins also are in the process of trying to acquire a third baseman.
            Frisaro

They're going to platoon him like you guys wanted. Very very good.

Comment

• That also explains the interest in Morse. I think that would be a great pairing, assuming Morse is healthy, and both can also play the OF.

Comment

• I would hope the idea of getting someone like Morse would be to play him or Jones in LF and push Ozuna/Marisnick to AAA.

Comment

• Agreed. There's no reason to platoon Morse.

Comment

• @JoeFrisaro: With purpose, #Marlins foot soldiers scampered through the lobby a few mins ago. Stuff is brewing #WinterMeetings
                    Twitter

@ChrisCotillo: Maddon says a left-handed bat at 1B is the preference
                    Twitter

Garrett Jones is gone, and Loney is too expensive; LoMo their main target?
                    Last edited by Big Z; 12-09-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Ill be scampering thru the lobby tommorrow before I go to eat over that way

Nothing brewing yet,just alot of teams asking about LoMo and Cishek. Philly trying to get Stanton again and us talking to a few pitchers. No real talking tho just ask trying to figure out what guys want

Tampa likes LoMo however also like Smoak from Seattle. It looks like we are waiting on a specific guy tho just like we did with the Escobar deal last year and won't deal him just to deal him.

It looks like tho that we are looking for a 3B or 2B that can play 3B,Vet SP innings eater and a few cheaper RP

They had a meeting with Chris Perez but price might be too high unless he would take incentive based deal
                      Last edited by tjfla; 12-09-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• @jaysonst: Marlins now telling teams they WILL trade Logan Morrison shortly. One team that appears very interested is the Rays, to replace James Loney
                        Twitter

Comment

• Must have got what they wanted,teams in on him are

Tampa
                          Pitt
                          Toronto
                          Milwaukee
                          Houston
                          Seattle

Comment

• Wonder if they're still in on Trumbo, or if they've backed off.

I'm not a huge fan of Sean Rodriguez, and I'm assuming that's the main piece who they will receive from TB if LoMo is dealt there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                              Wonder if they're still in on Trumbo, or if they've backed off.

I'm not a huge fan of Sean Rodriguez, and I'm assuming that's the main piece who they will receive from TB if LoMo is dealt there.
                              Prolly know really soon-if u see a ML ready arm dealt for LoMo then could be a Trumbo deal.If its a position player than prolly moved off him

Comment

• Sean Rodriguez or josh Harrison lol
                                Last edited by kusch; 12-09-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X