No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Rodriguez. He's a fantastic defender all over and is pretty above average against left handers. He has some pop. I'd expect more than just him for Morrison though, who obviously has a ton more upside. I'd hope they get a pretty good pitcher for him too. They have a ton of them.

I would be pretty terrified if he was acquired to be the starter at 3B though. I hope this move would push Solano to the minors to be the 26th man.

Rodriguez-Morrison is close to a wash on money too. Maybe save $500k.

Comment

• What's the deal with us and trumbo?
      --------------------
      Now it's not the rays
      Last edited by kusch; 12-09-2013, 03:12 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• @Joelsherman1: #Rays are not the team close to acquiring Logan Morrison, sources tell me. Never engaged #Marlins on the 1b.
        Twitter

I always thought it would be the Brewers.. Let's see..

Comment

• People saying it's NOT the Rays but the tweet also said they never contacted us on him which is false so?

Comment

• @jonmorosi: Orioles were among the teams to check in on Logan Morrison, source says.
            Twitter

Comment

• From the O's, Valencia seems like a fit. Maybe Valencia and prospect?

Comment

• Frisaro mentioned Fish are not in on Morse.

Comment

• RT @JCRMarlinsbeat Rumor being floated around: Lomo/ Conley to AZ, Cahill to LAA, Trumbo to Mia

Comment

• Not sure where you got that from, but definitely not twitter; at least I don't find it anywhere,.

Comment

• I saw it on a quoted retweet. I can't find it on his account either

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                        Not sure where you got that from, but definitely not twitter; at least I don't find it anywhere,.
                        Havent heard that one however that is what I heard we wanna do. We wanna trade LoMo for a young ML arm that LAA likes and then deal 2 arms for Trumbo

Comment

• @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Chances of Trumbo trade increasing. #Angels more open. #Dbacks pushing. Other teams in, all with improving offers.
                          Twitter

Exactly what we didn't need, and exactly what the Angels wanted.

Comment

• Hopefully the Marlins just continue to stick to the approach they've taken so far, which is not to overpay. It would be nice to get more power in the lineup, but you can't give up more than what they are reportedly offering for Trumbo even if other teams are getting involved. There are other options I'm sure. Every team is looking for young pitching.

Comment

• I don't think Trumbo is a good fit here

Comment

• ^Nope. I don't like the idea of him playing 3B, at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X