No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would assume we would be interested in Arencibia.

Comment

• I rather take a shot at the Cuban kid, Bello, than have Arencibia behind the plate.

I wonder if the Red Sox would do LoMo for Middlebrooks straight up.

Doesn't LoMo become a FA if we non-tender him by the deadline tonight?
      Last edited by Big Z; 12-02-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• I can't imagine they would non-tender LoMo. Especially with the state of the offense and there are teams interested in him.

Comment

• Supposedly both sides haven't even had talks. I'm assuming all they have to do is offer him his contract, and then that offer is taken to arbitration if he doesn't accept.
          --------------------
          @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #BlueJays’ deal with Dioner Navarro is two years, $8M. Pending physical.
          Twitter

Pretty pathetic if we couldn't match this for a guy we actually liked.
          Last edited by Big Z; 12-02-2013, 09:09 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I would think that they don't have much to talk about. How much of an argument can LoMo realistically put up considering his injury situation and his overall poor play the past 3 years.

Comment

• Yeah, as long as they tender him a contract he is ours. It'll just go to arbitration unless we trade him before that.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• LoMo will be tendered-like I said last week 4 teams are into him big time and even if we don't want him,we can get something for him from 1 of them.

Teams are Houston,Tampa,Colorado,Milwaukee

Navarro had a 2 yr deal from us however he was waiting for either another year(3 yr deal) or an offer from a better club. Toronto made the offer and he took it

Arencibia can be had in fact,we had a choice between Mathis and him last year-we took Mathis. It will prolly depend on what they want for him. If they want a low level minor leaguer he will probably be here
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-02-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• @gregorMLB: According to @ShiDavidi #BlueJays will non-tender Arencibia if a trade partner doesn't surface before tonight's deadline.
                  Twitter

Looks like we won't have to give up anything if they don't reach a deal with any other team.

Comment

• I'd still throw them a low level minor leaguer. Why not take a chance on a 27 year old catcher with power? Can't be any less productive then what we already have.

Comment

• I'd say offer a worthless prospect to secure his rights if we want him because if we do another club would offer a contract too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                        I'd say offer a worthless prospect to secure his rights if we want him because if we do another club would offer a contract too.
                        he's from Miami and he'd gave a guaranteed starting job here...I imagine if we were to offer a contract he'd sign
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• The only problem is that J.P. Arencibia is a terrible baseball player.

Comment

• Does that really matter at this point?
                            --------------------
                            He's better than Rob Brantly?
                            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 12-02-2013, 08:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Does that really matter at this point?
                              --------------------
                              He's better than Rob Brantly?
                              I'm not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                he's from Miami and he'd gave a guaranteed starting job here...I imagine if we were to offer a contract he'd sign
                                Redmond loves Mathis and the Marlins apparently had the choice of the two already and already chose Mathis. Why would you assume he would have a starting job here?

Comment

Working...
                                X