Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Cogs is good as gone, huh
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      So Cogs is good as gone, huh
      Looks like its Cogs or Ruggiano for the 4th OF spot next year,which is 1 reason they are listening on Ruggiano. Ozuna and Stanton are locks with Yelich almost a lock too.

If they get a prospect and/or draft pick for Ruggiano,they will prolly deal him.

As for Dunn,people around baseball love him and with Thornton(who is 8 years older and cost 5 million more) fetching a pretty nice "Project" u might as well hold onto him and like lou said if he figures out get alot for him.

At 1 million bucks and under team control,any team would love Mike Dunn as the LOOGY,so make them pay

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        So Cogs is good as gone, huh
        What about him playing third next year?

And $2 million for half a good season of Coghlan seems way too much. I don't know arbitration that well (as far as projection) but damn, that's a lot of money for a guy who hasn't been good nor healthy since 2009.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Arbitration is less about being good and more about playing time.

Cogs will be going into arbitration with 1500 PA, which is a high amount. His PA this year will hold him back from the ~3+m he probably would have been due if he played all year.
          Last edited by nny; 07-15-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• I think it's weird to want to trade Webb because of his salary.

I mean...I get it...but we complain about them being cheap all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              I think it's weird to want to trade Webb because of his salary.

I mean...I get it...but we complain about them being cheap all the time.
              I don't think any of these decisions will/should be salary motivated. If they keep everyone, it's going to be a $40 million payroll. That excuse is just out the window.

For me, Webb just doesn't have much upside past a 3/4 RHP in the bullpen for the 7th inning. Just a different situation than Cishek and Dunn.

Comment

• uhhhhh...we just took lesser prospects to save $3-4 million in a trade. Don't think that excuse has left the building yet for this FO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  uhhhhh...we just took lesser prospects to save $3-4 million in a trade. Don't think that excuse has left the building yet for this FO.
                  I was watching Cespesdes in that homerun derby last night and thought "man, the Marlins could have signed this guy and then took less in Toronto trade so they could on his salary too".
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• It would be pretty fun to watch people get angry at Beinfest for paying $8.5 million (with $20 million left over two years) for a .713 OPS bat.
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      It would be pretty fun to watch people get angry at Beinfest for paying $8.5 million (with $20 million left over two years) for a .713 OPS bat.
                      But we would have that Cuban flava and Cuban sandwiches everynight!

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        uhhhhh...we just took lesser prospects to save $3-4 million in a trade. Don't think that excuse has left the building yet for this FO.
                        It's hard to judge that based on who they hypothetically would have got for Nolasco as we will never know, but I am willing to bet the difference in the arms they received if they would have covered the money were not worth $3-4 million compared to what they got. Basically, I think it's safe to say they were never going to get anyone great for Nolasco even if they covered the money. I hate these guys, but I can't get on them for that one.

I think a better indicator is what are they going to do for a 3B, 5th SP, bench, and whom do they keep of Stanton, Cishek, Slowey, and Ruggiano next year. We'll see how cheap they are when they start jettisoning legitimate guys with a lot of club years left.

Comment

• JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN
                          Braves continue pursuit of LH relievers including: Oliver Perez SEA; Mike Dunn MIA, Glen Perkins (unlikely), Scott Downs and James Russell
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Expect a C prospect for Dunn, right?
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• The Braves are dying to get Dunn however #1 we are already asking aton for him and #2 since they are in same division we want even more for him

I heard we asked for a young major league ready P and C Christian Bethancourt for him
                              --------------------
                              We also have a standing offer to Pittsburgh

Qualls OR Webb for R2 Lottery Pick
                              Last edited by tjfla; 07-23-2013, 12:10 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• • Texas is also one of a half-dozen teams that have checked in on the Marlins' Justin Ruggiano, whose playing time is about to decrease with the call-up of top prospects Christian Yelich and Jake Marisnick. Among the other clubs that have been linked to Ruggiano: the Phillies, Yankees and Giants.

One team the Phillies would seem to match up with is the Marlins, on Ruggiano, Steve Cishek, Mike Dunn and Ryan Webb. But the Phillies are looking to make a deal without including Jesse Biddle, Maikel Franco, Cody Asche or any of their top tier of prospects. And the Marlins are telling teams they won't move anyone else at this point unless they get an offer they feel they can't say no to.
                                http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?story...umblings130723

Comment

Working...
                                X