Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MONAY

Comment

• It's not a good deal but it's not a bad deal either.

I'm not a fan of just netting 3 RPs but whatever. Wall and Sanchez are probably nothing anyway.

MinorLeagueBall had Ames as C+*, Sanchez as a C, and Wall not even listed before the year

*15) Stephen Ames, RHP, Grade C+: Middle relief candidate added to 40-man roster, shuts down right-handers with fastball/slider combination, should be ready for trial in 2013.
      http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...pects-for-2013

Comment

• It's funny seeing people that would say Ricky is awful and such get mad when he's traded for this sort of return.

Comment

• "The meal was terrible, and there was so little of it!"
          poop

Comment

• What was everyone expecting? A similar return as Anibal Sanchez? Well Nolasco isn't as good as Sanchez, Anibal was cheaper, and we weren't throwing in a good 2nd baseman like Infante. So they end up with 3 marginal arms in return....whatever. Ames and Wall both have much better numbers outside Albuquerque, so maybe both end up in our bullpen at some point replacing Webb and Qualls. Sanchez is basically a lottery ticket. I'm indifferent towards what we got back...but I was also indifferent towards Nolasco.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              Give the money to Stanton.
              It's so precious that this is a thing people still think could happen.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• It's more like complaining

Comment

• So payroll is roughly $28 million right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    What was everyone expecting? A similar return as Anibal Sanchez? Well Nolasco isn't as good as Sanchez, Anibal was cheaper, and we weren't throwing in a good 2nd baseman like Infante. So they end up with 3 marginal arms in return....whatever. Ames and Wall both have much better numbers outside Albuquerque, so maybe both end up in our bullpen at some point replacing Webb and Qualls. Sanchez is basically a lottery ticket. I'm indifferent towards what we got back...but I was also indifferent towards Nolasco.
                    Think we could have gotten one C+/B- prospect instead of one C and two unranked, but overall, you're right.

Comment

• They got exactly what they wanted. Ames was the "project" guy they wanted who can fit into the 2014 Pen or even this year when we trade Qualls/Webb. They had wanted Reed,Garcia or Whitrow however since LAD was willing to take all of his salary we took Angel Sanchez(who is still a decent prospect) and Wall who can pitch in the pen this year if needed(well when we trade Qualls/Webb).

If we were willing to cover some salary the deal would have been Reed,Garcia or Whitrow and Ames from LAD or Eddie Butler and another arm from Colorado

No reason to actually ask for Silverio's rights since he needs another TJ surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        They got exactly what they wanted. Ames was the "project" guy they wanted who can fit into the 2014 Pen or even this year when we trade Qualls/Webb. They had wanted Reed,Garcia or Whitrow however since LAD was willing to take all of his salary we took Angel Sanchez(who is still a decent prospect) and Wall who can pitch in the pen this year if needed(well when we trade Qualls/Webb).

If we were willing to cover some salary the deal would have been Reed,Garcia or Whitrow and Ames from LAD or Eddie Butler and another arm from Colorado

No reason to actually ask for Silverio's rights since he needs another TJ surgery.
                        Would've made sense to cover some salary in order to get those guys.

So do we return Silverio in that case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post

So do we return Silverio in that case?
                          I may be wrong, but I believe that with his season ending surgery, he'll have been with the Marlins the full season and thus we have his rights.

Comment

• No he has to spend so much time when he comes off the DL next season

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                              Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                                I may be wrong, but I believe that with his season ending surgery, he'll have been with the Marlins the full season and thus we have his rights.
                                We have his rights until we offer him back to LAD. This year,next year or in 2015 when and if he comes off the DL he needs to spend 90 Days on the Active Roster. They made a rule that said u can't stash a Rule 5 Guy on the DL but he has an actual injury so it doesn't apply to him.

The reason we were talking to LAD about him was that if we wanted then we could send him down to AAA without offering him back and we can take it slow with him however with his 2nd TJ surgery it really doesn't matter anymore since he is out the rest of the year and prolly even longer.

It still was a pretty good deal for us,we get rid of 5.5 million and 200K in IFA we wouldn't have used for 2 Bullpen arms for 13/2014 that will replace Qualls and/or Webb and a pretty decent arm who if his control improves could be a solid BP arm as well

Comment

Working...
                                X