2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    What's Coghlan's status? I feel like I've heard nothing about him, and at the time it didn't seem like his injury would keep him out this long.
    Nerve Issue in back affecting calf. Not rushing him-looks like they are gonna choose between him and Ruggiano tho
    --------------------
    Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    Wanna see y'alls thoughts on this. I know he has struggled this year, but what about Cishek for Will Middlebrooks?
    We asked for Cecchini for Cishek and were turned down.

As for the 2B,that is why alot in the FO wanna trade Stanton to Texas or even Pittsburgh. They can get a ML ready 2B,ML ready pitching and another high prospect or 2 in both deals.

Texas-Profar(2B),Font/Ortiz/Jackson(Pitchers)/Gallo(3B)
    Pitt-Taillon(P),Hanson(2B),plus more

With the way Ozuna played,they feel like that can trade Stanton and get other holes filled. However Loria sees Stanton as his franchise/main draw and until he absolutely has to he doesn't wanna deal him
    Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2013, 12:25 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Coghlan took batting practice and threw from 120 feet yesterday
      poop

Comment

• So there is a chance Cogs is back by September.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Late August appears to be the plan.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            Yuck, there are no good options on the free agent market either that we can afford.

FA 2B:
            I'm guessing they could definitely afford plenty of those guys,but Loria probably isn't going to spend. At what point will the team re-invest some of the money from the firesale?

Comment

• I don't know

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                I'm guessing they could definitely afford plenty of those guys,but Loria probably isn't going to spend. At what point will the team re-invest some of the money from the firesale?
                The next time Loria wants something from the city/county and needs to use it in an attempt to make it look like he is committed to this franchise financially.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  It's highly unlikely he ever invests that much into payroll again. Nothing in the past indicates he would.

Comment

• I'm holding out hope that he'll spend some money. There's no need to ever be big time players again but I'm hoping we'll eventually be active in the mid-and-lower-level markets when the time is right.

Comment

• If they would get into a system of smartly buying players out then I might have optimism. But if they continue to let them go through arbitration years and then throw the "well they got too expensive so we had to trade them" crap like they for the most part always have, then...yeah.
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Then what? Stop pussyfooting around. Just say it.

Comment

• Beef. I meant every word I said. When I said that I love you I meant that I would love you forever. And I am going to keep on loving you. Cuz its the only thing I want to do. I dont want to sleep I just want to keep on loving you.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Not big news but we are talking with Detroit about Polanco. Low level prospect or 2 is what we would get NOT NEAR THO!!!! They want a backup vet IF is all

Also they have asked on Webb/Qualls/Cishek but talk has been on Polanco.

Comment

• ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                It's highly unlikely he ever invests that much into payroll again. Nothing in the past indicates he would.
                                I agree.

But, like Mainge said, some of it should be spent. I think it's silly to keep the current core of players (relievers and all) if you're not going to improve the team to help those guys out in the near future.

Maybe it's dependent on how they team plays the last two months.
                                --------------------
                                Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                N Low level prospect or 2 is what we would get NOT NEAR THO!!!!
                                What does this mean and why is "not near tho" in bold? It sounds like something Munenori Kawasaki would say.
                                Last edited by Erick; 07-27-2013, 10:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X