Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Heard it was Peacock OR Green and a lesser pitching prospect however now that Tampa is in on him,they might have to make it Green AND Peacock to get him

WARNING WARNING

The names could change due to Tampa's interest in him. But they are looking for young ML ready arms and IF in trades
    Sounds good. Anything on Nolasco?

Comment

Nope no one really wants his contract,someone will prolly bite eventually.

KC,Minnesota or whoever else can't get a FA arm but the problem is that we can't do anymore salary dumps. If a team wants him they will have to offer decent prospects and take the salary too

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        Grant Green was the #63 prospect in baseball coming into this season and did nothing to hurt his stock.
        I think that was pre 2011 according to basball ref. and he's be fun at SS but the glove wont play there. Maybe CF just don't like the bat at all for a corner spot. He's kind of dependant on hitting for high averages which I always had a concern because he K'd quite a bit though he cut them this year. I mean worst case he's a very flexible utility player if he cant hack it in CF.

And yea he's 25 woulda liked more output in PCL
        Last edited by Ralph; 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

BA '12 prospect report, summarized:

-won MVP honors at the 2011 Futures Game
          -A's shifted him from shortstop to center field.
          -essentially no outfield experience, move was the quickest way to get his bat to the majors

-natural hitter with a smooth, wristy swing
          -power dropped off in 2011, A's had him spread out his stance in AFL and he hit five homers and slugging .551 in 26 AFL games

-athleticism to handle center field, solid range
          -average arm was shaky at short, non-issue in center

-"While his bat may be his lone plus tool, it will get him to the big leagues."

He hit .293/.336/.456 in AAA, raising his average by 2 points from AA despite his BABIP dropping 37 points. He cut his strikeout rate from 20.3% to 13.6% while maintaining his walk rate and all his other perphrials stayed strong. He can flat out hit.

Getting Green for Escobar would be a coup in my opinion, anything else is bonus.
          --------------------
          BA had him as the A's #3 prospect with a 55 (first division regular) grade
          Last edited by HUGG; 12-03-2012, 10:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Guys don't get all crazy about Green or Peacock,Tampa Bay is rumored to be the frontrunners for Escobar right now. I just havent heard who they are offering for him. Oakland thought they had a deal about 5PM however nothing was done

Beane tho wants Escobar and he has even met face to face with Beinfest about him

Comment

fuck Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Guys don't get all crazy about Green or Peacock,Tampa Bay is rumored to be the frontrunners for Escobar right now. I just havent heard who they are offering for him. Oakland thought they had a deal about 5PM however nothing was done

Beane tho wants Escobar and he has even met face to face with Beinfest about him
                Schaffer!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  BA '12 prospect report, summarized:

-won MVP honors at the 2011 Futures Game
                  -A's shifted him from shortstop to center field.
                  -essentially no outfield experience, move was the quickest way to get his bat to the majors

-natural hitter with a smooth, wristy swing
                  -power dropped off in 2011, A's had him spread out his stance in AFL and he hit five homers and slugging .551 in 26 AFL games

-athleticism to handle center field, solid range
                  -average arm was shaky at short, non-issue in center

-"While his bat may be his lone plus tool, it will get him to the big leagues."

He hit .293/.336/.456 in AAA, raising his average by 2 points from AA despite his BABIP dropping 37 points. He cut his strikeout rate from 20.3% to 13.6% while maintaining his walk rate and all his other perphrials stayed strong. He can flat out hit.

Getting Green for Escobar would be a coup in my opinion, anything else is bonus.
                  --------------------
                  BA had him as the A's #3 prospect with a 55 (first division regular) grade
                  I guess I like Escobar quite a bit more but yea if Green can handle CF he's worth a try though I'm not impressed with the output in the PCL.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

BA's 2013 report lists Grant Green as a 2B/OF now.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                    And yea he's 25 woulda liked more output in PCL
                    He turned 25 after the season though.
                    Last edited by HUGG; 12-03-2012, 10:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Shaffer/Mahtook for Escobar. Do it. Or dont do it. I dont really care at this point.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

I would love Green. At worse, he could be a utility player, no?
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Is this legit discussion or are we all just humoring tjfla?
                          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
                            Yunel Escobar, targeted by A's, probably has worst contract(from player's perspective) in the majors. $5m for 2013, $5m options for '14/'15.
                            chewie loves urban meyer

Comment

Buster could have phrased that better.

Regardless, I don't think getting an OF is smart for Escobar. They have 5 longterm guys (Stanton, Yelich, Marisnick, Ruggiano, Ozuna), Pierre, plus some legitimate hopefuls in the minors with Smolinski, Keys, and Solarzano. Not to mention outfield is the easiest position to fill in free agency. They surprisingly have good depth at all levels here.

They need to get pitching or a young 2B that is starter quality in the future if possible.
                              --------------------
                              Also did I miss something or is Coghlan still on the team? Don't they have until tomorrow to DFA him or tender him in arbitration?
                              Last edited by lou; 12-04-2012, 06:26 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Buster could have phrased that better.

Regardless, I don't think getting an OF is smart for Escobar. They have 5 longterm guys (Stanton, Yelich, Marisnick, Ruggiano, Ozuna), Pierre, plus some legitimate hopefuls in the minors with Smolinski, Keys, and Solarzano. Not to mention outfield is the easiest position to fill in free agency. They surprisingly have good depth at all levels here.

They need to get pitching or a young 2B that is starter quality in the future if possible.
                                --------------------
                                Also did I miss something or is Coghlan still on the team? Don't they have until tomorrow to DFA him or tender him in arbitration?
                                I think 3B is even tougher to fill and they should acquire one. Richie Schaffer should be available with Longo signing long term.
                                --------------------
                                @JonHeymanCBS: the #marlins are among teams looking at mark reynolds. he'd be a better fit than yunel to bat behind @Giancarlo818
                                Twitter
                                Last edited by Big Z; 12-04-2012, 06:56 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X