No announcement yet.

Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add the RedSox to the list of teams interested in Yunel per Jon Morosi.

Comment

• Marc Topkin @TBTimes_Rays

Hearing #Rays still in on SS Yunel Escobar, #Marlins "getting closer" to making a deal. #A's, #Yankees, #Cardinals also in

Comment

• Comment

• don't want us to get peacock, don't want to hate mainge

Comment

Comment

• Lol I was just at the barbershop and they had the Spanish news on, on Telemundo and their sports broadcaster says the Marlins are looking to trade Escobar because he makes $5MM.

Comment

• well, they are

Comment

• I would be okay with trading Nolasco for an actual peacock.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                    I would be okay with trading Nolasco for an actual peacock.
                    I would trade him just for the feathers

Comment

• Kouzmanoff's agent on the phone shopping Escobar
                      --------------------
                      NASHVILLE, Tenn.—
                      Yunel Escobar has resigned himself to the fact he won't be suiting up for the Miami Marlins, and he doesn't mind one bit. Escobar told El Nuevo Herald he's better off playing elsewhere.

At this week's Winter Meetings, Escobar has been at the center of trade speculation.

Escobar told the Spanish-language newspaper Tuesday: “I came here with a lot of excitement to play in front of Miami’s Latin fans, especially the Cuban ones, but in these moments I think the best for my career is to go somewhere else where I’m appreciated more. I think I have a lot to offer as a ballplayer, but you need to be wanted. I’m not feeling that here.”

The other reason Escobar won't mind moving on is he doesn't want a conflict with friend and fellow Cuban countryman Adeiny Hechavarria. The Marlins acquired both in the 12-player deal with the Blue Jays, but they tabbed Hechavarria to be their starting shortstop. Reports surfaced soon after the deal that the Marlins would at least explore the possibility of flipping Escobar.

"I don’t feel like getting into a controversy with one of my compatriots, and Adeiny has a lot of talent," Escobar said. "There are 30 teams in the majors so both of us can find our space. I wish him the best of luck in Miami. In the brief communications we had [with the Marlins] I let them know clearly I would be willing to go to third base. I have a lot of years at shortstop and I’ve demonstrated what I’m capable of doing, so the best thing is to go somewhere else.

"Whatever happens, I want to thank the city of Miami for all the signs of affection in these days. Honestly, I had a lot of excitement to play in Little Havana, but it looks like it won’t be that way. It’s not something I can control.”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...tinel+Blogs%29
                      Poor Yunel.
                      Last edited by lou; 12-04-2012, 06:28 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Fuck this FO.

Comment

• is this because of Yunel?

Comment

• It really is stupid to trade him, that contract is so ridiculously affordable.

Comment

• yep and it's quite possible that Adeiny doesn't add up to anything.

Then again he was probably bored and goes all Hanley extra light on us.
                              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                It really is stupid to trade him, that contract is so ridiculously affordable.
                                I suppose if they're gonna suck they may as well do it for the lowest possible price and suck as hard as they can

Comment

Working...
                                X