Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Appropriate Amount of Time for Marlins Fans to Vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of am.

Comment

But not because of the trade itself, right? Because its made this place crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        There's literally no one on this board who is ok with the trade.
        I seem to remember Erick making more than one post saying he didn't see what the big deal about this trade was. Or am I just imagining things (real things)?

Or are there people who hate the trade but are acting completely calm about it because it's the cool thing to do and THEY DON'T GET EMOTIONAL ABOUT SPORTS even though they watch and post about it for several hours a day?

Comment

More crazy, but also - the team sucked. Those players weren't doing much to change things and they weren't going to, even with Buehrle and Reyes playing well. I don't mind that they traded them and I don't know enough about those prospects to be super angry about the trade. Only thing that annoys me is that they apparently do not plan to reinvest that money in other players.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            I seem to remember Erick making more than one post saying he didn't see what the big deal about this trade was. Or am I just imagining things (real things)?

Or are there people who hate the trade but are acting completely calm about it because it's the cool thing to do and THEY DON'T GET EMOTIONAL ABOUT SPORTS even though they watch and post about it for several hours a day?
            I don't think either of those things are true.

Comment

Well, yeah, I'm with Mainge too. Would I be this pissed if I thought their real motive for this trade was to "win more games"?

I'm pissed that it's a salary dump. There is no debating that.
              --------------------

Really???!!??
              Both are salary dumps...

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                More crazy, but also - the team sucked. Those players weren't doing much to change things and they weren't going to, even with Buehrle and Reyes playing well. I don't mind that they traded them and I don't know enough about those prospects to be super angry about the trade. Only thing that annoys me is that they apparently do not plan to reinvest that money in other players.
                Well yeah, I think this is mostly the "apologists" stance.

Comment

Personally, I didn't think the trade was awful. I would've liked to keep Jose Reyes or at least get more value for him if they wanted to trade him.

I'm upset they're not at least spending some of the money they've traded away like everyone else is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    Well yeah, I think this is mostly the "apologists" stance.
                    Erick is my chief exec

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                      thing that annoys me is that they apparently do not plan to reinvest that money in other players.
                      OBVIOUSLY. This is the core of the frustration.

This board would not be pumping for 2 weeks if we all thought the $$$ saved would be going right back into next years payroll.

But there are other very annoying aspects of the trade. Such as all the time I spent telling people to believe in this organization once they got the new ballpark and they had suite/parking/concession revenues.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      Personally, I didn't think the trade was awful. I would've liked to keep Jose Reyes or at least get more value for him if they wanted to trade him.
                      How could the trade not be awful is Reyes was included in the trade?

Fuck this. I'm gonna go eat and drink.
                      Last edited by Namaste; 11-22-2012, 01:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

We've traded a lot of players. Aside from Jose Reyes, arguably the best SS in the game, are you really going to miss any of the other guys?

Comment

I'm not so bothered.

But I am too cool for that.

Stop yelling, Daft.

Comment

Bobbob is the only one who does that emotion/sports thing.

Comment

Yeah, but the Marlins have Logan Morrison and Miami in the name. They'll need to get rid of one of those before I start caring more again.
                              --------------------
                              Am I hung up on different things than everyone else?
                              Last edited by Beef; 11-22-2012, 01:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

OBVIOUSLY. This is the core of the frustration.

This board would not be pumping for 2 weeks if we all thought the $$$ saved would be going right back into next years payroll.

But there are other very annoying aspects of the trade. Such as all the time I spent telling people to believe in this organization once they got the new ballpark and they had suite/parking/concession revenues.
                                --------------------

How could the trade not be awful is Reyes was included in the trade?

Fuck this. I'm gonna go eat and drink.
                                Because we let go of a shitload of terrible contracts/mediocre players and I think some of the young players we got in return can be solid.

Either way, the core of players we had was not going to win anytime soon. We were far more than a couple of pieces away from being good enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X