No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would guess his eventual team will be the Dodgers. I think he's so pissed at the Marlins he will pass up any offer that comes to him from them.

But I think they may not offer anything to him, on the chance of embarrassment that he may turn them down. That would be huge embarrassment to Loria and would show that someone who plays for him, hates playing for him so much so, he would even turn down millions to get out from under the Marlins owner.

You have to understand that while not obscenely wealthy, Stanton's (divorced) parents are no paupers. It's not like his passing on a few million $ for a couple of years will be as big a deal as it would for someone coming from a inner-city neighborhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
      I would guess his eventual team will be the Dodgers. I think he's so pissed at the Marlins he will pass up any offer that comes to him from them.

But I think they may not offer anything to him, on the chance of embarrassment that he may turn them down. That would be huge embarrassment to Loria and would show that someone who plays for him, hates playing for him so much so, he would even turn down millions to get out from under the Marlins owner.

You have to understand that while not obscenely wealthy, Stanton's (divorced) parents are no paupers. It's not like his passing on a few million $ for a couple of years will be as big a deal as it would for someone coming from a inner-city neighborhood.
      This is quite wrong, but you know this already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        This is quite wrong, but you know this already.
        Well you can keep deluding yourself, but I think I'm closer to the truth than what many want to think.

If they don't unload him by the end of this year, I fully expect him to go through with the arbitration process and force the trade. I think his agent will try to squeeze the Marlins because he knows they have to trade him if the demands are too high. It's a win-win for him, and a loss for the Marlins because the Marlins will end up trading him because they have to, and not when they want to. It will possibly marginalize their return.

Comment

• It's not remotely close to the truth. Stanton is not giving up 10s of millions of dollars because the team sucks in 2013.

Going through arbitration won't force a trade.

Comment

If they don't unload him by the end of this year, I fully expect him to go through with the arbitration process and force the trade. I think his agent will try to squeeze the Marlins because he knows they have to trade him if the demands are too high. It's a win-win for him, and a loss for the Marlins because the Marlins will end up trading him because they have to, and not when they want to. It will possibly marginalize their return.
            I agree with you Stanton is going to be uber-aggressive in arbitration next year. I don't think it's just going to be because he is a Marlin though. I think it's going to be he has a legitimate chance to "crossover" from the Bruce/JUpton/Cargo comps to Howard/Cabrera land if he bashes 35-45/110RBI type year, and that would up his pay scale like 25% per year in arbitration moving forward, which would likely be an extra 10-$15 million over those years. Any player for any organization would do that.

Also, the Marlins have literally no money on the books next year and could easily field a sub $40 million roster with a $12 million Stanton on the books. i.e., the Marlins not being able to afford him doesn't happen the next 4 years as fucking no one, no one, is making real money. Guys like Morrison, Cishek, and Ruggiano might make a few bucks next year, but combined they are all lower than Stanton easily and they are "next most expensive." After them, Alvarez and Eovaldi could make some bucks, but again. Arb1 for a normal SP is going to be $3.5 max. And I'd take the under based on both of their talent levels.

Basically, the Marlins can overpay Stanton in arbitration and still afford him with this team around him. Club controlled options are massive, and only going to get cheaper with Dietrich, Nicolino, Heaney, Conley, Realmuto, Ozuna, Urena, etc., coming in after Fernandez, Yelich, Cox, Hechavarria, Silverio, etc.. If they still had Reyes and Buerhle they'd have problems. But they don't.

Saying that, I would still like to see 7/$85 deal (and then move one of Yelich/Marisnick/Ozuna for a comparable 3B. I don't care which one) or trade him for Olt/Profar/Perez/Grimm already. Doing nothing is the only bad decision because it costs them more, and diminishes his trade value with the unknown of future salary. I am optimistic they do something in February/March when everyone reports and gets back to playing. I would end my regular season boycott if they properly administer Stanton through arb buyout or take Texas' farm system. That would prove to me at least 1 person in the front office is not a clown.

Comment

• It's going to be a fun year, actually.

Sooooooooooo many people despise this organization now. It's possible that there are less than 20K in attendance on Opening Day and less than 10K on the second home game of the year. That would be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                It's going to be a fun year, actually.

Sooooooooooo many people despise this organization now. It's possible that there are less than 20K in attendance on Opening Day and less than 10K on the second home game of the year. That would be amazing.
                I would be surprised by 20,000. I think it could be 15-17,000 or less.

They will struggle to have 800,000 this year.

I know of more than 20 people that bought tickets last year that won't even think about buying this year, including myself.

Comment

• 800k is 10k per game.

They'll get that

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    800k is 10k per game.

They'll get that
                    They might give out figures that say 10,000 a game, but we know they fudged the numbers at the old stadium, and a leopard doesn't change his spots. They said they had 8,000 once at a daytime game with the Nationals that someone counted around 400 actual bodies in seats.

Comment

• All the leopards "fudge" their numbers

Comment

They might give out figures that say 10,000 a game, but we know they fudged the numbers at the old stadium, and a leopard doesn't change his spots. They said they had 8,000 once at a daytime game with the Nationals that someone counted around 400 actual bodies in seats.
                        ...because they do tickets paid for, not bodies in the seats

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          ...because they do tickets paid for, not bodies in the seats
                          And the Marlins / Samson have admitted they substantially exaggerated such numbers (like FSE's at the old place - they claimed 5K - but said, earlier this year I think, that the number was actually closer to 2K) or just flat out comp'd tickets in bulk at the end of 2002(?) so to not be outdrawn by the Expos.

Look, oakelmpine's taking this to a laughable extreme, but he's probably a lot closer to the truth than the ehe crowd.

Comment

• Ehe is appropriate for laughable extreme

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                              And the Marlins / Samson have admitted they substantially exaggerated such numbers (like FSE's at the old place - they claimed 5K - but said, earlier this year I think, that the number was actually closer to 2K) or just flat out comp'd tickets in bulk at the end of 2002(?) so to not be outdrawn by the Expos.

Look, oakelmpine's taking this to a laughable extreme, but he's probably a lot closer to the truth than the ehe crowd.
                              Closer to what truth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                                Ehe is appropriate for laughable extreme
                                The only thing laughable is this ownership, only most Marlins fans aren't laughing.

The ONLY place I have found people making excuses for them is here.

Comment

Working...
                                X