Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya nothing to that report either

The only way they would trade him to a team in the NL(let alone the NL East) is if they got no other choice

The Top 2 choices are and will be Sign Him or Texas. The minute we put him on the block any offer that Texas makes will be better than what others would offer. #1 They already know what we want for him and #2 They already are prepared to give some form of Profar/Olt and more

Comment

• There are plenty of teams who could match that Texas deal IMO.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• feel free to list some with prospects (genuine question)

Comment

• Cardinals: Oscar Tavares, Shelby Miller+others
          Rays: Hak Ju Lee, Jake Odorizzi, Chris Archer(maybe another like Mikie Mahtook)
          Twins: Miguel Sano, Aaron Hicks, Kyle Gibson

Teams like Padres, Red Sox, and Diamondbacks have systems loaded with pitching.
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I think the question is whether those teams would match the offer, not if they could.
            poop

Comment

• Thats true.
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• The Mets report is definitely false. What would we do with D'Arnaud?

Comment

• Trade him for Emilio Bonifacio if the Blue Jays will pay his salary

Comment

• I lowelled
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I don't think there's going to be a single offer that will match the talent and positional value that any Texas offer can provide. Immediately getting the top prospect in baseball and a potential all star caliber 3B in Olt, along with other prospects on the caliber of Buckel/Grimm/Martin/Perez. Texas is stacked both in the major leagues and the minors, allowing them room to trade top prospects and still be good long term. I've said this multiple times, but the choices are and have been for quite some time give Stanton the long term deal or give him to Texas, no in between.

Comment

• I think, in a vacuum, the Mets' offer might be better than the Texas offer just because Wheeler has potential to be incredibly special, and if you're the Marlins, and you're going to play in the Grand Canyon, Fernandez and Wheeler and Turner is an exceptional 1-2-3. If the Rays have shown anything, it's that offense is replaceable if you're continually "right" on pitching (they haven't had a FA starter start a game for them since something like 2004). Granted, they figured it all out re: buyouts, but I think you have to emulate the Rays if you're not going to go above the bottom 1/3 in payroll, and that's all about pitching.

Comment

• The Marlins dont need to emulate the As or the Rays or any other team. They need to find their own niche, so long as that niche isnt their current one of getting rid of any player the moment they start to make money and not lying to the fanbase about losing money(whilst pocketing revenue sharing and TV revenue) to "justify" their miserish ways.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• @Manny_Navarro: Loria on Stanton: "Would love to see him be the young centerpiece.. but you can't make promises in this game because strange things happen."
                            What a retard. So no more long term contracts?

Comment

• ehe, he was prob better off not saying anything

I wouldn't take that to mean no long term contracts though, because I wouldn't take it to mean anything. Ya know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Party View Post
                                What a retard. So no more long term contracts?
                                You can't make promises? I am assuming he's on the trading block too..

Comment

Working...
                                X