No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Everyone to Toronto, Receive lifetime supply of Maple Syrup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The money doesn't really make a difference when you traded a guy that was performing at the level of pay he was receiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      The money doesn't really make a difference when you traded a guy that was performing at the level of pay he was receiving.
      I agree and if we didn't have an owner who needed to save every dime,we would have never dealt Reyes

Reyes in the deal was all about him making 96 million and Loria not wanting to pay that while the team sucks for the next 2 years anyway

Comment

• Thanks tjfla, I get it now. Your first post about the history of the negotiations didn't say what it didn't say

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
          Tell me what the Heat did last year ? What have the Marlins done since 2003?

If you can't see that those two franchises are diametrically opposite of each other, you must be mentally blind.
          Boy you missed the point.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            How doesn't it make sense?

If we didn't have Brantly at Catcher,we prolly take d'Araund.But where u gonna play him-2B?CF?
            You flip Brantly for a CF prospect of similar value.

Then you get the better catcher by far, and a guy similar to Marisnick.

But it doesn't matter, because the scenario you're painting didn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              I dunno, Donald Sterling was pretty hated
              All in all, I don't think Jeffrey Loria should ever surpass Donald Sterling in the owner/villain hierarchy. Donald Sterling is a legitimately bad dude, as opposed to Loria just being a Scrooge McDuck.
              poop

Comment

• I think Marisnick is getting undersold here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  You flip Brantly for a CF prospect of similar value.

Then you get the better catcher by far, and a guy similar to Marisnick.

But it doesn't matter, because the scenario you're painting didn't happen.
                  No way do we a guy similar to Marisnick for Brantly.

Comment

• He doesn't even have a player page

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      No way do we a guy similar to Marisnick for Brantly.
                      A guy who put up a sub.700 OPS in AA?

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Nicoloni and Marisnick seem to be the only "top level" players they got.
                        Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Everyone seems to be missing the biggest point(from Loria's stand point) We just lost 96 million dollars.

People seem to think that just because u trade a guy,u get equal value.

We prefered a CF prospect who was their #2 prospect and another arm to d'Araund who is a catcher(who is coming off knee surgery). If we did not already trade for Rob Brantly we would have prolly taken d'Araund but we already have a young Catcher.

Now we have out CF of the future instead of 2 guys to play 1 position and No CF of the Future
                        I get that. I just don't believe because of his contract we shouldn't get D'Arnaud. I think they asked for him along with the other prospects and were denied.
                        No way do they settle for the CF and SP.

Comment

• Well, he played half the season in high A ball and half the season in AA ball, Mainge. They probably got a little too aggressive with him. He hit .320/.392/.496 in A ball in 2011.

Jake Marisnick, cf
                          Ht.: 6-4. Wt.: 200.
                          Bats: R. Throws: R.
                          School: Poly HS, Riverside, Calif.
                          Career Transactions: Selected by Blue Jays in third round of 2009 draft; signed Aug. 17, 2009.

Marisnick has the potential to be a five-tool player, though questions linger about his bat. He has made adjustments to eliminate a hitch in his swing, but still has a big frame that leads to a long stroke with a lot of moving parts. It's hard to find fault with the rest of Marisnick's package. His strength and ability to backspin the ball give him plus power. His speed, center-field defense and arm strength all grade as above-average. He has a knack for stealing bases, succeeding on 84 of 100 pro attempts. Even if he loses a step, he'll easily fit the profile for right field. [Nathan Rode]

Justin Nicolino, lhp
                          Ht.: 6-3. Wt.: 160.
                          Bats: L. Throws: L.
                          School: University HS, Orlando
                          Career Transactions: Selected by Blue Jays in second round of 2010 draft; signed Aug. 7, 2010.

Nicolino spots a fastball that sits at 88-92 mph and touches 94 to both sides of the plate, unafraid to come inside on hitters. His best pitch is a plus changeup that he sells with deceptive arm speed. He gets under his changeup at times but had the aptitude to make corrections quickly. He needs to stay on top of his curveball too, but it's a solid third pitch with good shape. Though there's some crossfire to his delivery, Nicolino typically throws all three pitches for strikes. [N.R.]

Adeiny Hechavarria, ss/2b
                          Age: 23. Born: April 15, 1989 in Santiago de Cuba, Cuba.
                          Ht.: 5-11. Wt.: 180.
                          Career Transactions: Signed as nondrafted free agent by Blue Jays, April 13, 2010.

Hechavarria has plus range, hands and arm strength, though he's prone to throwing errors because he tends to flip the ball to first base. He's also an above-average runner though not a prolific basestealer. Scouts still aren't sold on his offensive ability, however. He has a simple swing and some bat speed but is still learning how to put together professional at-bats. While he's strong and has some gap power, he doesn't project as a home run threat. [N.R.]

Anthony DeSclafani, rhp
                          Ht.: 6-2. Wt.: 195.
                          School: Florida.
                          Career Transactions: Selected by Blue Jays in sixth round of 2011 draft; signed Aug. 15, 2011.

DeSclafini sat 93-96 mph and showed feel for a slider as a reliever at Florida, prompting the Blue Jays to go slightly above slot to sign him for $250,000. He acclimated himself fine to a starting role in low Class A, inducing groundballs with a lively 92-94 mph sinker and showing occasional flashes of an average cutter and changeup. Scouts see him as a middle reliever at the major league level because he lacks a swing-and-miss pitch

Henderson Alvarez, rhp
                          Age: 22. Remaining Commitment: Under club control for five more seasons, 2013-17 ($482,900 salary in 2012).

No big league starter who qualified for the ERA title in 2012 had a lower strikeout rate (3.8 per nine innings) than Alvarez. That seems incongruous with his average fastball velocity of 93.3 mph, which ranked ninth highest among that same group. His trouble stems from a wide platoon split—lefties battered him for a .312/.372/.512 line over 404 at-bats—which the Marlins may believe they can even out. Or maybe they project a future in the bullpen for Alvarez, a fastball/changeup righthander.
                          http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2614316.html

Comment

• Another thing with us getting Marisnick,we now can trade either Ozuna(More likely) or Yelich for another piece(3B,2B,SP) in a year or 2

The keys to making this all work is resigning Stanton and having LoMo finally doing good

Also look on the brightside-Now he can draft Carlos Rodon #1 in 2014!!

Comment

• I'm not defending the trade. I still hate it. We didn't get enough, but I don't think the guys we got are terrible. I like Marisnick, Nicolino and Hechavarria a lot. The problem is we gave up too much to get them.
                              --------------------
                              Beef, I used we again. I can't be stopped.
                              Last edited by HUGG; 11-14-2012, 01:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• We're not gonna take it

Comment

Working...
                                X