X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5. Firesale

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
      anybody who wouldn't give up mike stanton in a deal to get halladay is crazy. just saying. you don't know how he pans out in the majors. he's a freaking prospect who actually has a pretty big flaw (he k's a lot). even if he didn't though, he's too young to know what will be. maybe he'll get injured. maybe mlb pitchers will figure him out. this is roy freaking halladay. one of the top 10 pitchers of our generation, bar none. and we can trade him this offseason or next deadline and get prospects back.

that having been said i don't think we'll get him but i have said all along that we, probably more than any other team, have the prospects to trade without obliterating our minor league system
      I would NOT give up Stanton for Halladay. We can only have Halladay for 2 months and MAYBE next year. But Stanton is the future Miguel in my opinion.
      "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
        Precisely.

Here's what the general population (and probably a lot of baseball players think about the Marlins):

1. Hanley Ramirez is awesome (and will be traded in a firesale)
        2. There will be another firesale soon
        3. They won two World Series titles (and had firesales soon after)
        4. They've had firesales without winning titles
        See, I disagree. I think Halladay sees that rotation with him in it and thinks "World Series." He's not thinking like some idiot fan of another team who doesn't even watch the Marlins play.

Comment

• you got to hope that major league players should be more educate than that.
          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
          Tom Koehler(4-0)
          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Also Halladay knows that if we get him, it won't be for very long. I'm sure he'd prefer to go to a place where he could negotiate a new contract and have a place where he could settle down with his family and not always be wondering where he's going to be from year to year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
              you got to hope that major league players should be more educate than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                Also Halladay knows that if we get him, it won't be for very long. I'm sure he'd prefer to go to a place where he could negotiate a new contract and have a place where he could settle down with his family and not always be wondering where he's going to be from year to year.
                he'd want to go to a place where he can shine in the playoffs and make people think he's even cooler
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• 1:14pm: Yahoo's Tim Brown sees the Dodgers and Red Sox as the frontrunners for Doc in what is shaping up as a two-team race. Brown says the only Major Leaguer in the Dodgers' offer is James McDonald, while the Sox will part with Clay Buchholz, one of Justin Masterson, Michael Bowden, and Lars Anderson, and some lesser prospects. My guess is that the Red Sox find a way to get this done, given the quality they're already offering.
                  Not looking good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    In all seriousness... does Halladay even have a clue who Johnson, Nolasco and Volstad are?
                    He may not know who Volstad is but, if he was paying attention, he should have noted that Johnson was an All-Star and he also saw Nolasco throw up a quality start and 9 K's when he faced off against him in Toronto. Also, if he somehow missed JJ in the All-Star game, he could remember that JJ threw a complete game for a win vrs the Blue Jays in that same series.

Comment

he'd want to go to a place where he can shine in the playoffs and make people think he's even cooler
                      We're not the only team going after him where he could make the playoffs though. Even getting Halladay is no guarantee we make the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                        Not looking good.
                        To be honest it doesn't even matter because no body is actually reporting any of the rumors we are discussing anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virtuoso View Post
                          I would NOT give up Stanton for Halladay. We can only have Halladay for 2 months and MAYBE next year. But Stanton is the future Miguel in my opinion.
                          how long do you keep playing for the future? every year every team plays to win that year. now, you don't want to mortgage the future unless you think that a season is the absolute last opportunity for a while to win, but trading stanton wouldn't ruin our club at all. stanton is not cabrera, he's a guy with light tower power and everyone digs the longball. but even if he WAS POTENTIALLY the next cabrera IT'S ROY FREAKING HALLADAY. and if you think he's gone after this year then we get prospects for him in the offseason. trading stanton doesn't mortgage our future, he is not going to make our ballclub, especially not with the other prospects we have. i just cannot fathom this unrequited love for stanton when the chance to acquire an ace who can push us into the playoffs and position us for a world series run without hurting ourselves tremendously is right in front of us
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• 1:26pm: Rosenthal and Morosi have a source saying things are "very quiet" on the Halladay front. Still, the Dodgers, Angels, Rangers, Rays, and Red Sox remain interested.
                            Eh.

Comment

how long do you keep playing for the future? every year every team plays to win that year. now, you don't want to mortgage the future unless you think that a season is the absolute last opportunity for a while to win, but trading stanton wouldn't ruin our club at all. stanton is not cabrera, he's a guy with light tower power and everyone digs the longball. but even if he WAS POTENTIALLY the next cabrera IT'S ROY FREAKING HALLADAY. and if you think he's gone after this year then we get prospects for him in the offseason. trading stanton doesn't mortgage our future, he is not going to make our ballclub, especially not with the other prospects we have. i just cannot fathom this unrequited love for stanton when the chance to acquire an ace who can push us into the playoffs and position us for a world series run without hurting ourselves tremendously is right in front of us
                              No doubt I would love to play for this year. And in truth I hate how the FO always trades for the future. I would trade ANY other prospect but Stanton.
                              "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain." Mike Tyson

Comment

• I can't wait until we are one team among every other team in baseball besides maybe one that doesn't get a deal done for Halladay and a shitload of people say the front office isn't creative, was just pretending to be interested so they could say, hey look, we tried, but never had any legit desire to acquire him, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X