No announcement yet.

2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO please god no...I wanted the fat dude. (if this even involves the Marlins)
    --------------------
    tjfla update?
    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-27-2009, 04:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Rotoworld's 3:39 PM Update on Arroyo:

Jeff Fletcher of AOL Fanhouse reports that the Reds "are close to doing something," most likely with Bronson Arroyo, Aaron Harang or Francisco Cordero.

Following a team conference call on Monday, it is believed that the Reds are officially "sellers." The Dodgers, who are not sold on Jason Schmidt's comeback attempt, could be in the mix for Arroyo and Harang, but would prefer a deal for Cliff Lee. The Reds would likely have to pick up some salary in any possible trade.
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        All I can say is told ya. LOL No updates. I think this is just precaution but make sure to see if Hermida is in the lineup tommorrow or Wednesday.

If we do a deal with the Reds would be Arroyo,Arthur Rhodes and possibly another player such as Lance Nix,Chris Dickerson or Jerry Hairston plus cash for Jeremy Hermida,RVH/Badenhop and prospects
        Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Well we don't play today.

Comment

fuck arroyo so hard

Comment

Dickerson got hurt Sunday as well and Nix is bleh. Hairston is nothing special.

Comment

Ya would just be a backup player so we can keep Maybin down. We are after Arroyo and Rhodes

Comment

Arroyo sucks. Harang or Pavano would be cool. Rhodes would be fine.

If the 3rd guy in the deal were Jonny Gomes, that would make things a bit more interesting, but Gomes may not be going anywhere and he's arby eligible.

Comment

For the record, Arroyo makes $11 million (additional $2 million buyout, so $13) in 2010.

No. Fucking. Way.

Comment

Bronson Arroyo is not what i thought of when i said we needed help.

Comment

could be to the yanks
                        http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/07/27/y...n-arroyo-deal/
                        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                        Tom Koehler(4-0)
                        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

No, I think it is best to blindly assume Arroyo is a Marlin

Comment

Ur sarcasm is not needed there.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                              I think it's unfair to say we won in 2003 because of the trade. As you say, it was just a reliever.
                              Yeah, I'm not so sure I like saying that trading for urbina is even close to comparable to a potential halladay deal.
                              poop

Comment

You're right, we traded a top prospect for a reliever that may or may not have been the reason we won the World Series. Why not, then, trade a top prospect for a pitcher who is clearly superior and will be here next year?
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X