No announcement yet.

2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Juan Rodriguez of the Palm Beach Post brought that up but I don't know.

Comment

• I know it's a pipe dream but Bannister/Teahen/Soria. Try and pry 2 of them from KC.

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
        I know it's a pipe dream but Bannister/Teahen/Soria. Try and pry 2 of them from KC.
        I can't see Kansas City even considering moving Soria.

Comment

• I love how I keep telling u guys what they are doing and u guys think I am messing with U.

They were talking deal with Hermida for Rhodes,a bat,and prospects AND I get u don't know what u are talking about BULLSH*T.

(Marlins looking at Johnny Gomes)

They were talking deal for Heath Bell, they would be be willing to do Miller and 2 prospects AND get that makes no sense

(Marlins looking at Bell and Gonzalez)

They could offer Morrison,West,and Coghlan to Toronto AND get ohh thats too much

(Marlins ask and get Stanton and Maybin)

Guys I are serious about all what I say. I ask him he tells me

Comment

• Just hit the space bar any time you type a comma

Comment

• Toronto's insane if they wanted Stanton and Maybin.

Marlins would have to sacrifice Morrison, West, Coghlan, and like Sanabia or Tucker, but that's still a substantial package.

Comment

• I don't know what just happened. Is tj angry? Is he excited? I really do need some translation.
                Christian Yelich
                LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  I love how I keep telling u guys what they are doing and u guys think I am messing with U.

They were talking deal with Hermida for Rhodes,a bat,and prospects AND I get u don't know what u are talking about BULLSH*T.

(Marlins looking at Johnny Gomes)

They were talking deal for Heath Bell, they would be be willing to do Miller and 2 prospects AND get that makes no sense

(Marlins looking at Bell and Gonzalez)

They could offer Morrison,West,and Coghlan to Toronto AND get ohh thats too much

(Marlins ask and get Stanton and Maybin)

Guys I are serious about all what I say. I ask him he tells me
                  Never doubted your information; I just didn't like the information. lol.

Comment

• Remember Lou they wanted Hughes and Chamberlain from the Yankees.

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                      Remember Lou they wanted Hughes and Chamberlain from the Yankees.
                      That's also intra-division.

And I don't see how Morrison and West are that far off "young talent wise," than those two, especially if we were to up the 3rd and 4th players to really nice players like a Coglan, Tucker, Sanabia, etc.

I'm pretty confident the Jays would take Morrison, West, Coghlan, and Tucker/Sanabia if we offered them a 4-1. It's not Maybin or Stanton, but that's still a boatload. Just a question of if the Marlins want to go for broke.

Comment

• Hermida to the Cubs?

According to fanball.com

Jeremy Hermida could potentially be headed to Chicago if the Cubs decide to add a left-handed bat to platoon with Milton Bradley in right field, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Hermida is hitting just .249 on the season, but hits righties pretty well, coming in at a .274 clip in 241 at-bats. He would obviously see less playing time were this trade to happen, however.
                        You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• Who are we rumored to get in return?
                          --------------------
                          This thread could also go here: http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.php?t=13&page=8
                          Last edited by Namaste; 07-30-2009, 12:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Doesn't say, the only other thing I see is that there looking at Hermida and Teahen from KC.
                            You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• We won't get on George Sherrill unless Baltimore comes off of Chris Coghlan

Halladay talk is still happening as well as a new 3 way with Reds,Blue Jays,Marlins

Talk is

Reds-Scott Rolen,Jeremy Hermida
                              Blue Jays-Yonder Alonso,Mike Stanton or Logan Morrison,Sean West and another prospect
                              Marlins-Roy Halladay,Arthur Rhodes,Johnny Gomes

***Other players could be involved to****

I have no clue what Cincinnati is doing but that is what I heard

Comment

• Woah... Woah.
                                Christian Yelich
                                LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                                12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                                100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                                .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Working...
                                X