Yu Darvish: Marlins Don't Submit Bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's kind of an odd fella though.

Some think his agents talked him into this (which would be about my only hesitation about him).

I'm sure there's a part of him who wants to prove himself though.

Comment

I like my Asian's to have Ichiro's fire of his elders burning in his belly.

Comment

I just want him to come here so people can call him Stu when he does something they don't like.

Cause that shit is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          I just want him to come here so people can call him Stu when he does something they don't like.

Cause that shit is hilarious.
          Fucking Stu.

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Peter Gammons said on the Hot Stove that "even the Marlins are in on him", regarding Yu Darvish.

Comment

I'll eat my lunch if we won the posting. Srsly. Lunch will be eaten.
              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

It's fun to hear we were in on it, but my opinion is that we didn't post a bid.

I think the Nat's, Mariners or TX.

Comment

If the fishies wanted t they'd get it. They got money to blow.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

It would certainly make sense for the M's with the Azn revenue, but they really need to make a splash on offense, not pitching

Comment

Ralph says we did it.
                      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Is he the guy that reported we signed Pujols and then high fived everyone he could find? Or was that Big Z?

Comment

That was AceFreebird.
                          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                            Is he the guy that reported we signed Pujols and then high fived everyone he could find? Or was that Big Z?
                            David Villavicencio was the mother fucker that put that out there. I high fived everyone for nothing! Lost all respect for that guy.

Comment

What I don't understand about the posting fee is, if they can't reach a deal with the player it's returned. I'd bid $75 million and offer Darvish 8/$25. You either win big and he takes it just because he wants to play, or you spend NOTHING. If we can't have him, no one can!

My ulterior motive for this is the posting system eliminated and some sort of world wide draft.

But I'm just saying. I'm surprised this doesn't happen. If the Yankees knew the Red Sox wanted him and the Yankees didn't, why wouldn't they put a $80 million posting offer, and offer Darvish a bullshit contract so he'd decline. They hurt the Red Sox for nothing, and after a month, people will stop frowning at the Yankees and acknowledge you can't hate the Yankees for playing the front office game, hate the people who made these stupid rules.

Comment

World wide draft will be put in place in the next decade probably

Comment

Working...
                                X